1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dallas Morn. News] Dallas, Houston like day and night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wireonfire, Apr 23, 2005.

1. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

[Dallas Morn. News]Dallas, Houston like day and night

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...vs/stories/042305dnspohoudallas.3979b22c.html

Didn't know there is so much competition b/w the two cities. There is more there that I couldn't copy and paste.

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

When did the Rangers win the World Series?

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

The rockets won 2 Titles because Jordan wanted to hit a curb ball?..what a fuking ass. in 95 we beat a Orlando magic team that beat a bulls team that included Jordan. be it rusty, but he was there. the way The Dream was dominating, i doubt even Jordans bulls could have stopped us. especially in the 94-95 playoffs.

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I guess that's what we have to live with, 2 titles without MJ. That's what people out there think, despite the fact that we had been beating Bulls like crap left and right, with or without MJ.

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Also take note that he doesn't even consider 4 consecutive WNBA titles a dynasty...I guess he doesn't consider the WNBA a real league either. What a hater.

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Guys, the so called Objective Journalist, is just pissed that the so called " Inferior" rockets, whooped the ass of his Beloved Mavs infront of the whole World 2 see.

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Yup, I am afraid this is the truth.

And the Lakers won three in a row because Jordon was trying to be a GM.

And San Antonio won it's title because Jordon retired the year before.

And Detroit won a title because Jordon was too old.

And Boston won 16 titles because Jordon was not born or was spending time going through puberty.

8. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Dallas sucks!

9. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

'course what none of these guys can answer is "Where are your titles from when Jordan wasn't playing?" Maybe we should start saying "Jordon only one all those titles after Magic and Bird retired". Fact is that players get hurt, retire and so on. Still doesn't change that Houston stepped up and beat all comers for 2 straight years.

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

LOL...VERY TRUE.:D

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That was in yesterday's paper. But I'm sure he is pissed though.

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I meant OR Should have said, he " Will be pissed.:D

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

D-less
    Dallass
    Metrosexualplex
    Fort Worthless

14. TraJ

TraJ Member

The Jordan thing gets old, but I can understand uninformed people appealing to it. After all, his titles stand as bookends on each side of ours. So while I don't believe the "Rockets only won because Jordan wasn't there" stuff, I understand how the casual observer (even if they pose as experts) might draw that conclusion. I doubt very few of the people who make claims along those lines have taken the time to look at how the Rockets and Bulls would have matched up, or what the seasons just prior to Jordan's first retirement say about the ability of the Rockets to give the Bulls problems. Oh well. The truth is that we were the top team those two years. Everything else is a "what if," and they're pointless. We might as well ask, "What if the Sonics beat the Nuggets in the first round?" That would have likely spelled trouble for the Rockets more than the Bulls with Jordan.

15. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I'd like to take this opportunity to simply say:

F--K DALLAS!!!!!

- Barry Sanders was better than Emmit
    - that wasn't a goal Brett no matter what history says
    - Derek Harper, you might want to make sure you have the lead before you dribble the clock out in the playoffs
    - Texas Rangers........bwahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Unfortunately, he apparently wrote this BEFORE the Rockets whooped the Mavs, as indicated in the last line that reads, "Now the cities will meet again, when the Mavericks face the Rockets in a first-round series that begins today."

17. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Wow, what an idiot that writer is! To quote Napolean Dynamite, "GOSH!"

AHHH!:mad: :mad: :mad: That pisses me off to no end when people try and put an asterisk on our championship years. That's such bogus BS. The Rockets would still have won; they always beat the Bulls back then, with Jordan.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

There isn't. Let's see: Houston= 6 Championships (Rockets/Comets) vs. Dallas=0 Championships.

19. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

LOL :D :D . Man that was the straight up best thing to throw in someones face when they spit this BallSh*t .

I hate it when people throw that excuse up . Pathetic . As I can remember , we were pretty damned good against the Balls back then . Mad Max covered Jordan like white on rice . These folks need to get a grip and move on with and accept that we WERE that damned good .

20. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

If I am not mistaken, the only pro team from Dallas to win a title is the Cowboys (I don't count the Stars a pro team anymore because the NHL has gone to ****). If we count defunct leagues like the NHL, then the Houston Gamblers have pro football titles as well (if i remember correctly).