1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Allen Iverson interested in 76ers front office role

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Mar 20, 2015.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" lang="en"><p>Allen Iverson on his interest in joining the 76ers front office: <a href="http://t.co/Klmloydzpp">pic.twitter.com/Klmloydzpp</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/578997562276970496">March 20, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Are we talking about practice?

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yes, that's exactly what they need. Allen Iverson can take that team from a losing team to a super losing team. Why doesn't Hinkie just sign Iverson to the minimum and have him take 60% of the team's shots? They would definitely score the top pick then.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly I would love to see how many points he could still score in that sort of situation, haha...

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You know there would be nights where he would catch fire and kill teams, and then he would be flat for the next 10 games.

6. i3artow i3aller

Hold on, wait a second... so then who's in the dog suit?!?!
    [​IMG]
    Eric Snow is that you?

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Imagine though if Hinkie / Morey built a team around Iverson when he was good. It's incredible how his teams never had any shooters. He had Kukoc for a bit, and they were extremely good while he was there because Iverson had much more space to operate and another passer. Then he didn't have anyone until Kyle Korver developed, at which point Iverson was starting to get slower.

You have a super speedy penetrating shooting guard, you get some shooters to space the floor for him. Today it's 2+2=4. Back then it somehow didn't enter Philly's thinking. Even though it was right there for them to see, that team played so well with Kukoc. It's one of big 'what ifs' in team building to me.

8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I think Iverson could handle it...hell I could do it. Trade players for draft picks; repeat repeat...repeat ;)

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They should hire him as a coach for practices just for irony.

1 person likes this.
  10. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Do it Hinkie.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He has the most experience out of all Nba gms. Great player= great manager.

12. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Ask McHale and Isiah Thomas.

13. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

To be fair, McHale did draft Garnett and Love.

Edit: acquire Love

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Is this a lobbying effort by AI? Did someone in the media do him a favor asking the question?

When stuff like this happens, it usually gets announced by the team and player together instead of the player making a public declaration he wants a front office position.