1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why Curry's not MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

An MVP can not go 3-9 from the field and only get 4 assists with his team still winning against one of the best teams in the West. The MVP has to be a guy that the team relies on and the team can not go without him. GSW can obviously win even if Curry does not go off. This is why the hype around him being MVP is so stupid. GSW has the best overall roster in the league and their winning is not solely because of Curry.

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I agree with you 100%.

However here's the narrative - curry is so mature that he doesn't need to score to win. - Marc Jackson

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Mark Jackson trying to give all the credit to Curry because he knows Kerr is 10x the coach he is and doesn't want to give Kerr the respect for the phenomenal job he's doing.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

But but but, he's the best player on the best team!

I think its safe to say, the field is a large one but ESPN wants to crown Curry already. Shocker, ESPN backs the most popular player?

5. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

^Well said. Jackson is an average coach at best.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If Warriors finish with the #1 seed overall, Curry will be voted as the MVP.

Just accept it and move on.

7. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Curry has my vote for MVP. Even though you can argue that Harden and Westbrook are both better than Curry. The thing I like about Curry is he doesn't play for stats. He is a team first player. Curry and Westbrook plays a lot harder than Harden does. Even time I watch Harden play, there are multiple times where the dude takes plays off because he is either tired or just plain lazy. Harden still has to take out that lazy gene in him.

8. Major

Major Member

You don't think the Rockets ever won a game without Hakeem dominating? Or the Bulls never won without Jordan dominating? Miami never won without Lebron dominating?

Your definition of MVP basically takes out most previous MVPs from consideration.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You sound stupid troll!

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There's no player who runs up the score in a blowout better than Steph Curry, like I've seen it happen several times (none more ridiculous than the Lakers game earlier this year), Harden sits if/when the game is over. I'm not sure you watch Harden if you think he's taking plays off, it requires an inordinate amount of effort before he does that now (Zach Lowe pegged it at 15 minutes of running the offense alone, maybe a bit of an exaggeration but its not common at all)

1 person likes this.
  11. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

My man, you need to take the stupid gene out of you. Harden carries almost 95% of the team's offense and without him we are usually stagnant and get disoriented. So excuse him if he takes a play off on offense or defense. He doesn't have a another MVP candidate (klay Thomson-which I really don't understand) behind him to carry the load.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

must have missed those plays

13. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Im sure the guy you quoted doesn't think an MVP has to dominate every game :rolleyes: Just that Harden is by far more valuable than Curry. Todays game being a prime example against Curry and the Rockets against Hawks earlier this week as "Proof" of Hardens value..

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Mostly everybody recognizes that Harden is the most valuable player to his team, which is why the whole "best player on best team" narrative is being pumped, which is funny because last year Durant won MVP over some Spur like Duncan or Parker because he was the Golden Boy last year.

1 person likes this.
  15. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

I find it funny also that Kerr wants the public to believe that he's not at all worried about end of year awards... He plays Curry and Klay up 20 at end of games more than a few times from what i have seen. Klay esp before the all-star game... And now hes trying to lobby for Green to get DPOY smh

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

One game?

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yep. Anyone see that ESPN MVP commercial? They take clips from both First Take and His & Hers. The support for Harden's MVP gets one line from Michael Smith, and that was "I think I might go with Harden". Meanwhile, Skip, Stephen A, and Jemele Hill all have multiple lines in the spot for the support of Curry as MVP. It is so obvious. Then today during the game you have that Under Armour commercial with Jaimie Foxx during the game for Curry. James doesn't get all that.

1 person likes this.
  18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Durant winning didn't have much to do with "most valuable player to his team." He was quite clearly the best player in the league last year. There was a big gap between those players and a very small gap between teams.

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Very appropriate username, tbh.

20. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Last year I could.have agreed with you on Harden being lazy, but not this year. Have you watched at all? He is clearly the most important player to his team. Maybe you can argue that Westbrook or Lebron is just as important, but not Curry. Put Curry on this team in place of Harden and we are out of the playoffs in this tough West. Harden is MVP