1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard - Under Their Radar

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Buzzlite, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This thread was needed as it seems even some veterans posters are downright depressed for the upcoming season. Here is the deal: as long as we have a healthy Howard and Harden, we have a chance to go deep. Ariza is an upgrade over Parsons, chemistry will be impoverished over the sulking Asik. The only area that is concerning is finding the spark plug of the bench left by Lin's departure. Say what you will about Lin, but the boy was more than adequate while Harden was out. In the absence of further moves, I suspect Johnson will be thrown out there soon enough and I think he will do just fine.

GO ROCKETS!

1 person likes this.
  2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think the "Howard sucks" moment was my favorite of the season.

3. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Glad y'all liked the vid! I think that Harden and Howard are going to really turn some heads next season when it comes to chemistry in their second season together

4. reliableman

reliableman Member

I think that is an underrated outlook (nobody is talking about Harden and Howard's chimstry...it's all about losing Parsons and Harden sucking against Portland...still), and I hope for the same!

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Are you like self promoting with putting "i3" instead of Bs in all of your posts?

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

His "B" key is broken. We should all pitch in to buy him a new keyboard

;)

7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Sweet video!

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Jeez... i hope we DONT get the Harden from the Portland series. That guy was an overpaid scrub. However, the Harden of the regular season with more defensive focus would be nice! And for it to carryover into the playoffs would be even nicer!

9. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Oh and awesome video!! :D

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's amazing how quickly people forgot that Dwight had back surgery. Rehabbing from back surgery is no easy task and I felt Dwight bounced back in a BIG way.

11. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

That's a great point...By the end of the season Howard's health had definitely caught up to his ability. From that point forward it was all mental which is why I believe we saw such a spike in production in the playoffs...Howard had increased attention from the Dream and obviously the hunger to advance and it showed

12. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I am very impressed with your video, It will help me get to get by till season starts. Was feeling kinda down. Thank you very much!

13. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

No problem Man, Next year should be great for us Rockets Fans! it's not often you get to watch a pair of All NBA talents collaborate on the court together:)

14. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

People forget how many highlights Harden had as well and that he is actually younger than Parsons.

[youtube]EGNblw0jIbQ[/youtube]
    [youtube]z9H__UGe4II[/youtube]
    [youtube]FRYUSS6_-FU[/youtube]

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hope we actually surround him with talent this offseason. I love the Ariza acquisition but that can not be the only move we make. Imagine him when we get him some real help.

16. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

i really don't see how ppl say crap about dwight. the guy is clearly a great ball player. not necessarily skilled but clearly ridiculously athletic- enough that he becomes a great player. He stepped up his game for the playoffs and was a consistent double double scoring, defending, rebounding. whats to bash on?

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Herniated discs are one of the most serious injuries out there. McHale was talking about how imbalances Dwight was strength wise, takes time to get back that explosiveness

18. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

The media really knows how to paint a picture...To the casual NBA fan, or someone who hasn't watched the vast majority of Rockets games last season, Howard is an immature big man with no post game. While Howard made leaps in bounds in both his maturity and post repertoire, the casual fan will see what they want...D12 will always have his haters haha...shame