1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Ron Artest went back to the old Artest, taking bad shots"- Mark Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StonesRunIt, Apr 15, 2009.

1. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

-Great Shot selection in the clutch

-Gorgeous turnovers

-Skilled risks on defense

-Good Aggressive Offensive Fouls

Lets see what the playoffs bring.

2. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

i was fckin mad when he was chuckin up 3's when he was ice cold... wtf?
    trash

3. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Don't the players watch tape?

I assume this is with the commentary. If so, don't the players hear the positive and negative comments about them?

4. 90dmswo

90dmswo Member

as much as appreciate the aggressiveness he brings to the team, i despise some of his thoughtless plays. jacking up 3 with like dozens of hands in his face is not something i expect from a player with that much experience, let alone his high level of self-love.

I would really like for him to shut up and play like a player with logics in his mind. I don't blame any loss fully on him (with exception of v. Lakers few weeks ago) but he is a huge hole when it comes to close games with critical decision making skills.

Please! have some thoughts and logics!

5. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

Artest has been chucking up bad shots all season, cept they were falling before.

6. monte

monte Member

it is just his game. It is impossible to tame a wild horse like him.

7. declan32001

declan32001 Member

That would have been a great haiku with very little editing.

Look, Brooks, Scola and Artest were horrible tonight. That's 60% of the starting lineup. Throw in the fact we've got $21 mil. in salary in Chicago then you get smoothie's argument: it's all on Yao. Good times.

8. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

Screening on the weakside when being fronted is key.....Adelman is yet to try it.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Impossible to win anything meaningful with him either.

DD

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

iunno, i think hes always been like this. the different is, in some situations he makes his force shots and no one says anything. but when he started chuckign and missing, we explode.

i only remeber seeing a few games we he actually played smart. and off course we won those games

11. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

Artest Thinks he's a hero, i say it all the time, but hey i get jumped on when u say it.....

12. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

What makes you think he hasn't had the team practice it? They don't do it. Ron just holds the ball at the top of the key when he should be moving it. He stagnates the ball movement. Adelman called out the team for not being in the right spots when they front Yao. They were doing good moving the ball to the weakside with Yao, Battier, Scola, McGrady, and Alston. McGrady was replaced by Artest and Alston made sure the ball moved. Now AB has replaced Alston. What'ts difference between the first set of players? AB and Artest.

#12 rocketsregle, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  13. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

When teams start stepping up their defensive intensity and begin fronting Yao more aggressively, Adelman should take out Artest and Brooks and replace htem with Wafer and Lowry. Adelman is an offensive guru, I'm sure something so simple as a fronting defense is nothing to him. High school teams have plays that work against the front. The problem is the players on the court have no idea what spots they're supposed to be in or what plays to call. Those players are specifically Ron and Aaron. Ron's like Brett Favre, he plays the game on instinct and has no concept of running a structured offense. Aaron is a shooting guard in a point guard's body.

14. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Artest would be a great player on this team if he accepted a more Ray Allen-type role and the Rockets got a real playmaker, but I doubt that will happen. He'll always be a me-first player and with a center that needs the ball in his hands to be effective, he just doesn't fit.

15. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

If he runs it in practice, that does not help in games.....

16. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

We will never be able to get to the next level unless we put a Von on the weakside, or run some screens on the weak side to combat the fronting properly.