1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

carl herrera sighting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OmegaSupreme, Dec 27, 2006.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

was at fogo de chao (sp? food here rocks) this past sunday on christmas eve (sunday) grubbin my arse off with a few folks. i go out for a smoke break and come back inside. my "friend" and others ask me if the tall guy standing next to the salad bar is an athlete. i say something to the effect of "holy schit" and promptly reply that it's carl herrera from the championship rox teams. they're like... ummm... who?

anyway, i have the chocolate cellphone which is known to have battery issues unless you access the hidden menu and switch the phone to 1X (national access instead of their broadband network). i forgot to switch it back to 1X, so my phone died. my friend let me use her phone, so i took a picture with her's and sent it to my phone. turns out that carl saw me taking a picuture with the phone... hehehehh.

anyhow... it's not much, but you can see him in the background looking. i didn't want to bother the guy while he was with his significant other, so i just snapped away. :)

rockhead award? maybe... maybe no? :confused:

[​IMG]

2. LFE171

LFE171 Member

that picture doesn't do any justice, but i believe ya. great to see he's doing well and living it up in houston.

3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i know. sigh. :( my cam phone was dead, my ex (and now newly "ex") wouldn't let me borrow the phone to get a close up, so i had to settle for a 25-30 ft shot with a friend's phone. never ever never... ever never ever date an ex. b*stard used to tell me it was irritating that i used to watch rox games all the time.

anyhow, he looked like he was in good shape and seemed to be having a good time with his wife/girlfriend.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

is that "AMIGO"!!!!!!!!!

5. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

i hope his shoulder is okay! he dislocated that thing hardcore back when he was still playing for us.

6. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Naw, that's just some tall black dude in a nice suit wanting to get some grub ;) ! :p

7. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

I actually personally know Carl...

He used to hook me up with tickets back in the day...

His wife is really sweet as well.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I haven’t been to Fogo de Chao in a minute…I think I’m gonna change that soon