1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about courtney lee?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfaithful, Jul 16, 2012.

Tags:
?

What will happen to courtney lee?

1. resigns with rockets.

32.2%
  2. signs with another team without sign and trade.

19.1%
  3. we do a sign and trade allowing us to get more picks.

48.7%
  1. rocketfaithful

Courtney lee is an unrestricted free agent with a lot of interest from other teams. some of those teams don't have the cap room? what will happen with his situation?

2. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Most likely a sign and trade, after they sort out offer sheets/Dwight Howard.

3. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I hope he goes to the Bulls. Derrick Rose needs a good SG to run with. He would fit their defensive scheme perfectly plus being able to score and slash.

4. rocketfaithful

I agree that would be awesome for him. Unfortunately I havn't heard about them showing any interest in him.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Tibs loves hard working defensive players that can shoot, I find it highly unlikely the Bulls wouldnt like Courtney Lee.

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, seriously...what is happening with him? I feel like he would have already signed with someone if anyone wanted and/or had the space for him. I guess it's either a sign and trade, or he'll have to have sign a bargain contract (maybe just for one year).

Wouldn't mind him starting in front of Lamb for a year.

7. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

I know for a fact from my own inside sources that at the opening of free agency he was offered a hefty contract from Orlando. He was excited about it, but wanted to talk to Dwight about it to see where he stood with Orlando at that time. This was the first day of free agency.

I know that he really enjoys Houston and would want to sign here, but he hasn't been offered as much as he would like from the Rockets. To me the fact that he didn't accept the big Orlando offer tells me that he's also considering where he can win as a factor along with the contract size.

1 person likes this.
  8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We trade for Dwight and Lee comes back to play with his buddy.

Lin
    Lee
    Parsons
    D-Nuts
    Howard

1 person likes this.
  9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I hope that's the scenario....this team would be fun to watch....:)

10. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I'm also thinking he's waiting to see how the Howard situation plays out. To the hypothetical roster above, I think Orlando would want Parsons in any trade, especially with his Florida connections.

11. ThatsMeJV

ThatsMeJV Member

Last report I saw on Lee said Boston was very aggresively pursuing him and the rockets were willing to do a sign and trade.

12. 713

713 Member

we should also give t-mac and yao ming a call.

13. SupermoochieFro

He won't be a Houston Rocket.

14. ThatsMeJV

ThatsMeJV Member

15. Numero.Uno

Numero.Uno Member

I could see him coming back if Howard ends up here. Having Lee (his buddy), Lin (for the endorsement deals in the Asian market) and more money than anyone else could offer, might be enough to keep him around. If not, we could pursue Josh Smith during the off season to add his other buddy. I would be very comfortable going into 2013-2014 with Howard, Smith, Parsons, Lin and Lee as the starting five.

16. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I'm starting to lean towards we get both Howard and Lee. Still not sure about Asik though.

Possible lineups (depending on who gets traded)
    Lin/Douglas
    Lee/Lamb
    Parsons/White/Morris
    DMo/Patterson/Jones/Leuer
    Howard/Harellson/Jordan

17. Numero.Uno

Numero.Uno Member

Just curious, how do we get Howard and still have Parsons, Lamb, White, Morris and Jones on the team? Morey would be GM of the century if he could pull that one off.

18. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

thats why he says "possible lineups depending on who gets traded". Its gonna be a mix of this roster