1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playstation Move vs. XBOX 360 Kinect

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cwebbster, Dec 4, 2010.

?

Which one?

1. Move

27 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Kinect

44 vote(s)
    62.0%
  1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

One of these will be had by my household for Christmas, but cannot decide on which one to get. Both is not an option. Which one of these will hold up the longest in the future? I appreciate the assistance!

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I've only tried out Kinect, I would like to try Playstation Move since I've heard it's like Wii on steroids. For the value, the playstation move wins right now. I think that until Kinect's prices drop, there's no point in buying one. The current Kinect games seem like a rip-off for what you're paying. Unless you find a great deal on Kinect, you should go with Move IMO.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I dont know about the prices of either. But from what I have seen, Move looks a lot like the Wii which I do not like. Kinnect looks entirely different. On concept alone, Kinect looks far more interesting. But I have not tried either out. Neither are probably too great at the moment as they just came out. Games for the PS3 like Killzone are going to use Move in the future and games like Gears of War will be using Kinnect.

IGN seems to think Kinnect is superior, by a lot

here is a video comparing them and there are plenty of other videos on the site about it
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/19/kinect-vs-move-let-the-court-decide

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Kinect is an improved PSEye, and Gears of War 3 does not support Kinect.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

the Gears of War team announced 2 weeks ago that they will be using the Kinnect. they are not sure if they are going to implement it into Gears 3 or create a new game for it

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

How old are the kids, and what do they play now?

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

I got the Kinect and I enjoy it- its a little pricey, but I think it adds immense value. Sucks that the games are $50, but it is some pretty ridiculous technology. I haven't tried the Move but I would like to. I played volleyball last night on kinect for the first time and it was awesome.

I've met a lot of people with/about to buy the Kinect, and I have yet to hear anyone talking about the Move.

FWIW, I have both platforms, so I'm not a fanboy. When I was deciding, it seemed like the Move was more of a ripoff- have to buy the camera and controller and then the nun chuck (which can be found in bundles but are often separate and overall pricey). And then you have to buy multiple controllers if you want more people to play with you. How does anyone think the Kinect is more expensive? It's $150 for one time and you don't need to buy additional controllers.

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The kinect would be better for kids. The move is going to offer better gameplay. It's a more simple version of basic maocap technology. It has a very accurate idea of where you are at and how you are moving in 3d space. At the same time we have 8 infered mocap cameras and even those get things wrong at times. I'm sure it does a lot of guess work.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I have both systems and played both and will be getting the kinect it just is more fun for me

The move will quickly add up to the price of the kinect each move controller is 50 bucks and a navigation controller is 30. I played just the sports game for the move but felt it would have played a lot better if I had two move controllers and then I would have spent 150 already the price of a kinect.

The added functionality of the kinect in the xbox dashboard and netflix is pretty cool as well

11. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

No Wii option?

jk

12. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Kinect seems more fun and new, but also seems like it would get old very fast. I played like an hour of it and was already getting a bit bored (It was only that game that came with it though)

And theres also the fact that the only mildly good looking game for Kinect is Dance Central, and theres absolutely NOTHING lined up for it that looks good, while the Move already has a decent line-up and is getting more pretty good looking games.

I'd go Move. Mainly for the fact that the games for it aren't awful

13. A00man

A00man Member

I have both a PS3 and a 360 and own neither the Move or the Kinect, but I don't get how someone mentioned the Move is cheaper?

The Move starter kit is $99.99 and that doesn't even include the navigation controller. Add that, and you're already at $130, and that is only for ONE PLAYER. The Kinect is $150, but can't you play up to 4 players with that? Seems like if you want 4 or even 2 players on the Move, you are paying much more than a Kinect.

Saying that, I haven't tried either, so I can't say which tech is better. From impressions on various forums, it seems like both have their pros and cons, but that the Kinect feels new while the Move feels like an upgraded Wii.

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

What can you do with netflix? I tried to use it with kinect and I couldnt?

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

You should be able to say voice commands that can let you pause, forward, stop, etc. Motion should also work when you're selecting movies.

16. VanityHalfBlack

This kid got knocked out cold!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ux1FZpPKh20?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ux1FZpPKh20?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17. DreamRoxCoogFan

sorry if I sound dense, but I can't do anything? I'm watching a movie right now and I can't control anything with voice, only my controller.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsG_Z2eGK7k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsG_Z2eGK7k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

19. jae713

jae713 Member

I tried the Move last night and it is pretty awesome. Your guaranteed tons of fun with whatever you decide to get.