1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Cushing Is BACK!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Joe-House

Joe-House Rookie

after this game if you would have told me that the Texans would miss the playoffs and the Chargers would make the playoffs, I would think you were NUTZ

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Are you talking about the depth jump? You have to lead with one leg.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

On the second box jump, looks like he twists on his take off. Looking at it again though, not as much as I had thought.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Didn't opposing teams average around 30 points a game (23 minus Schaub's pick 6's) when Cushing was on the field coming back from his last injury...??? They suxked with him.

Cushing is now the Matt Schaub on the defensive side of the ball because his contract is hurting the team (and at least Schaub could be traded). Got to let defensive players play out their contract. Lesson learned the hard way.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Talent? I dont recall any talented players on the Texans outside of JJ Watt and Andre Johnson. (Foster and Cushing injured).

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really? You should probably pick a new sport to follow then.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Who overtly jumps out at you as game-changing talent outside of the 4 players listed?? Duane Brown is the only player I would add to that list. DeAndre Hopkins has potential, but he was inconsistent last year, and was just a rookie. Not one player in our secondary can be regarded as game-changing talent, and the defensive line (outside of Watt) was atrocious. Our edge rush is non-existent, and the receiving corps was just a bunch of guys after Andre. I really don't think it was that far off base. This team has a TON of holes.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hopkins had the 2nd best hands in the NFL last year....he "probably" counts as a "talented player"

Owen Daniels "probably" counts as a "talented player"

Duane Brown "probably" counts as a "talented player

Chris Myers "porbably" counts as a "talented player"

Brandon Brooks "probably" counts as a "talented player"

That's just on offense.

On defense there was a lot less talent IMO only Swearinger, Manning, JJo, and Kareem Jackson qualify as "talented players" excluding Cushing and Watt. The secondary was (outside of Watt) pretty much the only good part of our defense, but no secondary can cover guys forever and we had pretty much no pass rush unless we sent extra guys putting even more stress on the secondary.

The team does have a "TON of holes", most noticeably on the defensive line, which is why we should use our first pick to help fix that. An infusion of talent from the draft on the D line and you'll notice that the secondary is actually pretty good. We need Cushing to stay healthy, a legit second pass rusher like Clowney, and a legit NT then our defense should be pretty stout.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hope he stays healthy. Our defense isn't the same without him. We likely still beat SEA with the pick-6 if Brian plays the entire game.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

So just because of that video, it means that he is back....???

Brian Cushing is my favorite Texans but he'll not be the same player.

11. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Do you predict the future? Are you omnipotent? I know it may look bleak, but at least have some faith. While you're at it, can you let a playboy know the winning powerball numbers for next week? Whenever you're done walking on water of course.

12. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Good news from Cushing. Cleared medically from Dr. James Andrews.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Quick Trip to Pensacola with my lead blocker, better believe I'm 100% <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23beachday&amp;src=hash">#beachday</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23cleared&amp;src=hash">#cleared</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23fivesixback&amp;src=hash">#fivesixback</a>… <a href="http://t.co/biuaeMS887">http://t.co/biuaeMS887</a></p>&mdash; Brian Cushing (@briancushing56) <a href="https://twitter.com/briancushing56/statuses/456576970323533825">April 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's great news, hopefully he can avoid another fluke injury.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

In before the comment about how he looks small.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

#whereshisshortstho?

16. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member