1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your take on Clip players after game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pasox2, Mar 13, 2003.

Tags:
  1. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My take :

Miller - Choker. Stats inflated. Not liked by his team. Did abuse Francis with mid-range J, hit teammates for same open shot. Overall - Blech. Me no likey.
    Odom - Beautiful help passes, key boards - great team player.
    Maggette - Very quick, great strength, good scorer.

We didn't see Brand.

I like DJ - his game plan - exploit the mid range j with Miller, take Rox Big Men outside, let Maggette slash. Defend Yao, cut middle, make Rox shoot. Plan was really effective, given his team.

Q - non-factor.
    Wicox/Ely - non-factor. Raw.

Parks, Wang - eh. Used effectively by DJ.

2. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Stats inflated?
    It's players like him and Brand I feel bad for...get them out of L.A.

Hey David Stern, can you please do away with a couple of teams and stop expanding.

3. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

I like Miller. Man, he and Odom keep things lively with their passing ability. I particularly liked the Odom pass under the bucket to Loser Parks who tea-bagged Eddie (my favorite Rocket) with the help of the rim. That was one He!! of a pass. I wish Eddie would have cracked Parks with a right hook.

Miller is lights out when he stops and pops. I'd absolutely love having Miller on the Rockets. I can Homer-Dreamcast ("HD") all day long about a Mobley for Miller swap, but the fact that he's underappreciated by the clips has to make my HD time well spent. I don't get the feeling, and it's been posted before, but Franchise doesn't like Miller too well. They are both very competetive and take it at one another.

The Clips, if they could grow a winner, would be fantastic. Fortunate for us (and a lot of other teams) this team will be disbanded this offseason or next. Else, wow! the Clips have a lot of talent, and they could (have been) scary.

A great, great game with one of those, "You choose the ending" type features at the end. I enjoyed the lovely couch time and just gushed over their collective, and young talent (not in front of the guests you understand).

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

One thing I noticed about Miller and Odom is that they were shooting much better last night than they normally do.

Miller has always been an average shooter, at best and I have never seen Odom with that kind of range. I think you have to take their shooting last night with a grain of salt.

5. Toast

Toast Member

Miller, Odom & Magette all looked fantastic to me.

I think Miller outplayed Francis. I think Odom has big-time game. Magette ... he gets lots of looks, and he was a mismatch for Cat, but honestly I think there's more hype surrounding him than the others.

God, why do we keep making chumps like Malik Rose and Cherokee Parks look like all stars?!?!?!?

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ditto, I think the Clippers should be shut down, and let the rest of the league have their truck load of talents.

Or maybe they should do something like the British soccer leagues. Demote a team to the NBDL after 5 consecutive lottery seasons.

7. Live

Live Member

Yeah, i joked to my better half that those 3 looked like they were putting on an impromptu audition for the Rockets.

'See Rudy, CD, Les, I can play. I can really help ya'll. PLEASE COME SAVE ME FROM CLIPPERDOM!!'

8. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i like eric piakowski. The Rockets need his hustle play and outside range. forget resigning posey. Sign EP.

9. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

If the Rockets were the ones done away with would you feel the same? If not then think how the fans on other teams feel.

:D :D :D :D :D

10. insider

insider Member

i know, i was thinking that too. they auditioning for the rockets. you know why cause the rockets signed maurice taylor so they probably figure they'll sign them too. but in actuality, it's just the rockets defense sucks. they leave guys wide open and give them too much space to shoot. also a lot of the players on the clippers are friends with some of the rockets, so they're probably extra competitive with their friends.

11. Trickdaddy1319

Why when you can make a cool $300 million just for giving the RIGHTS to have a new Charlotte team?

That's right, $300 mill just to have his blessing. Gotta love the profit margins on that deal.

12. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

Don't ever underestimate these guys on any night, they are very talented even without Brand and Kandi. They lack motivation because of security. Sometimes I wonder if all these guys were on a different team other than the clippers how much better they could be. There is nothing they need from PG to C except a new owner, which sadly may never happen.

I'm telling you Jaric has star potential once he gets healthy (6-7 PG and extremely deceptively quick), Odom has range as far out as any SF just very inconsistent (hot one night, cold more nights), and Maggette is a true stud (scorer and strong for a 23yr old). Miller is well...he's ok but not clutch or a leader. Wang just seems to play better agaisnt Yao and Parks probably had his best NBA game ever(atleast from what I have seen of him).