1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Chuck Hayes Injury (UPDATE: Hayes out atleast 2 weeks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by airmanz, Nov 12, 2006.

1. airmanz

airmanz Member

<table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#cc0033"><font face="arial" size="2" color="#ffffff"><B>UPDATE:</B> <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=2583756#post2583756" style="color:#eeeeee;">Hayes out atleast 2 weeks</a>, according to 790 am (update posted by rikesh316)</font></td></tr></table>

It seemed to be a hard one... Hope he won't be out long...

2. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

I respect shaq but :mad:

Well, we laughed when Mutombo did it...

3. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Yeah didn't look so hot but he didn't seem to be in too much pain gettin up. Good thing bein if he is hurt JHO seemed to rebound well and hit a nice shot

4. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Damn, get better soon Chuck. That guy has been nothing short of awesome for us this year. He's brought such energy night in and night out. Hopefully we won't have to feel the effects of him being out for too long.

5. kublick

kublick Contributing Member

We need chuke more than ever,please......

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I hope this is nothing serious, because Hayes has been amazing out there, he is everywhere.

7. The Hungarian Rocket

Yeah. But he can't defend anyone in the league...

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

How many people thought Chuckie would be the best PF for rockets this season before the season started? :p Good find by rockets! Chuckie + Head are keepers.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If Hayes is out for an extended period, Juwan is getting his starting spot back and Novak will probably get some more minutes.

If the Rockets can stay relatively successful in his absence, does he get back into the rotation when he returns, let alone get his starting spot back?

Van Gundy last year (or the year before) said that he'd never let a player lose his starting spot due to an injury. We'll see if he stands by that.

10. Nikonism

Nikonism Member

Bad news on Chuck
    Injury report from the locker room is a hyperextended left knee for Chuck Hayes. the Rockets have to hope it's not more serious than that. They don't have anybody else who gets the hustle rebounds that he chases down.

http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebury/

11. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Great! Hayes will finally stop using up Novak's minutes.

PLAY NOVAK!​

Just playin'! ;)

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

he has established himself in the national media as an above average player. A hustle player who makes a difference every single time he is on the court. yes a dare say he is the haslem of this season. I will even take it a step further, got way more recognition in this game by the broadcasters than haslem did.

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

oh sorry.... :D

sticking with the topic at hand, i hope he's ok, we need his energy and toughness.

14. Man

Man Contributing Member

I didn't see Haslem do much when i was watching the game.

15. zilches

zilches Member

Just trying to figure out why that is not funny....hmmm.

16. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Every one points to Shane as the glue guy on the team, but an arguement can be made that Chuck has been the real glue guy so far. His rebounding and defense compliment Yao.

The Rockets do have more dept this year, but they still need Hayes to come back ASAP.

17. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I hope the extent of the injury is far from serious. Chuck fills in the gap that this team is looking for, and that is hustle. Hayes is a competitor on a higher level just like young Barkley. Bill Worrell called chuck tonight the garbage man! He really knows how to pick up those pieces.

Get well soon Chuck!

GO ROCKETS!

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Watching the game, I just kept noticing all the things Hayes was bringing. Looked like he kept improving and meshing with the starters. Loved what I was seeing. Man, I hope it's not too bad. :(

19. sbyang

sbyang Member

Did Shaq even know Hayes bumped into him? Looks like Shaq didn't even feel it.

20. ritou

ritou Contributing Member

F**K, hope he will recover soon.