1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Daunte Culpepper, Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernik, Troy Aikman... oh yea, and Joe Montana all say hello...

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, the actual size doesn't matter if you can get a proper grip on the ball. You only listed 2 good QB's and neither of them were reliant on gloves to get a proper grip on the ball....Teddy is. In the end that's all that matters. Those 2 good QB's you listed could get a proper grip on the ball, Teddy can't. To some people 9 1/8' is too short while it's possible someone with the same size hands would be able to deal with it.

Really this is a settled issue, we've seen that his hands clearly are too small which is why he used that as an excuse about his pro day.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Mel Kiper didn't say he thought he was going to fall to the second, he said that he was going to fall to the late first and someone would trade up for him. His mock didn't have trades, so he fell to the 2nd.

Also, I wouldn't be too sure that he won't. You can keep talking about how good he looked on film against the weak competition he played, but what about him is truly spectacular? People talk about his football IQ , but is it truly that much more than other QB's in the class that have better tools? I'm not so sure about that. IMO the odds are much better that he falls to the 2nd than is picked in the top 5.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Mel Kiper has a mock draft with Teddy Bridgewater as the first pick in the second. Anything else is stupid conjecture. If he doesn't think he will go second then don't put him there. He is an idiot for putting him there and you are even more an idiot thinking he is right. But of course we already knew that. Why don't you just take a break with your stupid trolling until after the draft.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....conjecture? Did you even read what he said?

You probably shouldn't go around calling people "stupid" or "idiots" when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I know you think everyone else in the world is wrong, and you are the only person in the world that really knows football, but try to consider that maybe, just maybe you are simply biased.

Is it possible that teams will overlook the fact that Teddy Bridgewater isn't really amazing at anything in particular and doesn't really stand out from the competition and focus solely on his tape against Eastern Kentucky? Sure, but I wouldn't bet on it. He's always been a mid-first round talent and people drop every single year.

6. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Blocking Bobbythegreat is so refreshing.

My blood pressure is down 20 points and my IQ is up 10.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Only 40 or 50 more IQ points to go before you realize that Teddy Bridgewater isn't the next Joe Montana.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Teddy Bridgewater is the most boring player ever to have so many arguments about him.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Old Man needs to take a break. You're really worked up over there. Calling folks names because they don't agree with you?

#2469 J.R., Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Troy Aikman & Joe Montana are HOFers, but Culpepper was good. I'd take any of those 3 as a #1 pick, assuming Culpepper could have remained healthy.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of theses posters need to just let it go. It has just been going in circles with the usual suspects.

It's not trolling because of disagreement. It's trolling because it is trolling and OMR (among others) keeps falling for it. There will be no decent discussion of Teddy B. or Manziel without ignoring trolls. Might as well lock up this thread like the last Teddy B. thread.

And the trolling in this forum has pretty much killed any worthwhile Texans discussion. Despite the usefulness of the ignore list, too many folks keep letting themselves get suckered in to responding to and quoting the same crap folks have been posting all off season.

12. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Just ignore bobby and the discussion goes by much smoother

13. HPD

HPD Member

Soooooooo correct....smallhands teddy

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I know my life has been much better not responding to baits in this thread. You know that if you say anything it will draw an auto troll response from one of their big three.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

For all you guys jumping on and ignoring Bobby, remember everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Also, it's just not fair putting someone on ignore just because you don't agree. It's just weird to me. To this day i have never put anyone on ignore and people say all kinds of crazy things about me. Just man up and brush that ***** off.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'll admit I don't follow college ball and rely on these discussions to get a feel for draft prospects. No one in this thread, despite the entrenched positions and vitriol, has made a convincing case to take any of these QB's first over Clowney. There is just not enough separation among the QB prospects to warrant taking a gamble. There is no Andrew Luck clear cut QB prospect.

Clowney seems like easily the best pick in this draft, regardless of need. I'm more than content to have a guaranteed improvement in our defense (with Clowney) over the gamble of reaching on a QB.

17. jdr6000

jdr6000 Member

18. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You just proved my case. What idiot has Bridgewater ahead of all the other QB's and then states they all will get drafted ahead of him. Even Carr! What
    GM is going, "Yeah I have Bridgewater best but I'm going to take Bortles, Manziel and Carr over him. But if he drops to the second I'll take him.

It's a stupid hypothesis and makes Kiper look even more stupid for putting him on his second round board... and you following a proven loser in selecting mock drafts and then posting his BS on here as if he is legit makes you look stupid.

Why not quit trolling and watch some film. At least I can be honest and admit this off season has made me see some flaws in Bridgewater that make him not the sure pick.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Kiper's mocks are based on what he's hearing from his league connections so even though he personally may have him rated higher his sources are saying that he will fall. It's all speculation anyway and his "sources" may be feeding him bad information.

20. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Its one thing to disagree

and its another thing to blatantly troll over and over again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.