1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Shabazz Napier isn't in the top 10 in this draft, then maybe some scouts need to reevaluate their

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by what, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Willard Decker

You compare Trey Burke to Adam Morrison and accuse me of not thinking before I post? And how did I know you wouldn't understand the point I was making. Shabazz Napier wasn't even the best player at his position in his senior season. Trey Burke played at Michigan for two years and played at a higher level than Napier. There is no comparison between the two based on the performance of each player at the collegiate level.

Trey Burke has since proven he can play at the NBA level. Adam Morrison could not. Shabazz Napier has not--beca been drafted. And no, it is not appropriate to wait until the scouting combine to make comparisons between the two. Any comparisons will have to wait until Napier is playing in the NBA, something that is by no means a given.

--Captain Decker

2. spark06

spark06 Member

I know your 16, kid, but it's about time you apply some intellect into your posts. The fact that you think shooting and defending aren't skills that translate to the NBA shows your ignorance of the game. The fact that you would draft Trey Burke over Victor Oladipo cements your stupidity.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Gotta say I agree comparing Shabazz Napier to Trey Burke doesn't work for me either. Wish him the best in the NBA, Europe or wherever he plays.

4. spysta

spysta Member

IMO Shabazz just need a GM and a coach that really believe in him as a leader on the floor. His size will make alot of people look in other directions. If a team buys into Shabazz he can be a legit starting point guard in the NBA. Dude isnt just a great athlete or a great shooter he controls the court and he is a leader you dont find that everyday. Even in the NBA, if I was the GM of the Cavs id draft him in the mid late 1st round and walk up to Kyrie and say "You see him? Keep messing around if you want!" lol

Trey Burke is good too, I actually think if the stupid timberpoodles would have kept him they would have the 8th seed in the west. Rubio sucks imo

5. spysta

spysta Member

Another thing, is it really wise to draft a point guard off of upside and potential? It seems like if a PG has the neccesary skills it makes more sense to take it for face value. Court vision, decision making, leadership, passing, and running an offense dont seem like abilities that you can guarantee any great athlete can learn.

Upside for big men makes more sense because there arent a lot of 7 footers running around so when you find one thats athletic you draft him and send him to Hakeem and hope they can learn some things.

6. rudan

rudan Member

His name is r****ded, should be changed to John Smith

7. Willard Decker

Excuse me? Where did I say that shooting and defense aren't skills that translate to the NBA? Where?

And where did I say that I would draft Trey Burke over Victor Oladipo?

Finally, I'm not sixteen. I'm thirty one and have a Doctor of Medicine degree. You have no business questioning my intellectual abilities based on things I never said. That you would do anyway cements your stupidity.

Shut the **** up.

8. Willard Decker

Seeing as Cleveland won't have a pick in the mid- or late-first round, I don't know why you think they'd select Napier there. Furthermore, what makes you believe Napier could ever be a threat to Kyrie Irving, as you've suggested in your post?

9. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Good value in second round. In the right system he can be pretty good.

10. Swishh

Swishh Member

overhyped? bust? LOL what?

Your basketball IQ is incredibly low. Beal is a great player, and he/Wall will be one of the best back courts for years to come.

11. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

what is a Memphis Tigers fan and Napier destroyed them all season, so he thinks Napier is great.