1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Rockets.com] Interviews, interviews, interviews

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Jun 27, 2008.

1. fritz145

fritz145 Member

All,

For those that just can't get enough of Morey, Greene and Dorsey, there are interviews galore on our website, all available for your viewing pleasure.

What you'll find: A late night post-draft interview with Morey, one-on-ones with Dorsey and Green, and Friday's press conference in its entirety -- all on the rockets.com homepage (under "more headlines").

Thanks for checking it out, and please feel free to offer your thoughts, critiques and suggestions. We're working hard to bring you more of the content you're looking for.

Have a great weekend!

JCF

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Just watched your interview with Daryl Morey. Great job, as usual. He seems pretty confident that Dorsey can step in immediately and contribute. I don't think he's spoken in those terms about any of the other rookies we've drafted the past 2 years.

3. Tornadoofsoul6

Greene wants to attack the basket more, and is going to work on his defense. Seems like a good sign, hopefully.

4. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

so you're now a writer for rockets.com huh

:cool:

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Great job with the interviews.

By the way, was the "Who you want the Rockets pick?" poll your work?

What I'm noticing is none of the choices is what Morey apparently was targeting.. Is that intentional?

EDIT:

One more thing: Saw Morey interview. He said "First, congrats for the job"

as in

"Congrats for the job I gave to your ass"?

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Both seem like interesting characters, I'm really glad to have them on board. And great job with the interview, too! Thank you!

And am I the only one very pleased when Dorsey said he watches a lot of Rodman/Lambieer tape? Enforcer here we come. :D

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

8. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

for future reference include a LINK. i know its only www.rockets.com but i dont want to type it... me just want to click.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My thoughts are to please add practice day interviews (and even some practice footage, up to 10 minutes at a time) to the website. The Lakers team website had them last year and it was awesome for those of us tracking them closely through training camp and preseason (because of the Kobe mess). PJ handled the daily inquisitions very well. It was really good stuff that diehard Rockets fans would slobber up every day if it was available.

A few years back, the T-Wolves would have (recent) game footage on their website. One of my favorites of all time was when an opposing player (Amare) posterized Latrell Sprewell (who was called for a foul). Ending up with the ball in his hands after the play, Amare then bounce passed it to Sprewell which made him pitch a fit and go after Amare. I thought it was strange the T-Wolves showed one of their own players being made a fool of.

Lastly, please have links for every recent (or upcoming Rockets game) from the Chronicle and the opposing team's hometown newspaper. I used to start threads after every game and post them but got tired of it.

There are plenty of us who cannot get enough daily Rockets news. Give us a reason to visit Rockets.com before and after work. I never do because there is never anything fresh that is worth reading or viewing. Give us our daily fix so we can come back to Clutchfans to discuss it ad nauseum.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

All that comes out his mouth about basketball is "defense", "physical", "toughness", "strong", "weak side help"....he knows what he is and what he has to do to improve.

11. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

:) :) :)

Cheaper tickets :) :) jk.

12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

hey jason, congratulations on the new job and even saw a shout out to you on espn.com today. Life is good, no.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don't know the intricacies of the Rockets administration, but I bet Morey did not personally interview him nor did he have the final say on his hire. Nor is he fritz's direct boss. Morey probably did give his recommendation though. I'm just guessing of course.

14. FFz

FFz Member

15. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

national security agency.

16. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

"other 26 teams passed me up". errrr, that included the Rockets, lol. Hope Donte won't start a fight in the locker room. ;)

17. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Donte was born in Germany? Maybe I should call our national coach, we might have a new player for our national team here :D .

18. fritz145

fritz145 Member

Thanks for the great comments and suggestions. Just a couple responses:

Carl Herrera: The poll was not my work. It was on the website before I started (I only began my work with the Rockets last week). So no hidden agenda, I promise.

A_3PO: Great suggestions. I'll do my best to make them part of the daily routine once the season kicks off -- by the way, keep an eye out for our summer league coverage from Vegas in mid-July. The practice interviews should be no problem at all, can't make any promises regarding actual practice footage, though. That's a call that must be made by the coaches.

Game footage is a great idea, too, but I think the NBA has some restrictions on what can be shown. These are the sort of things I'll be looking into in the near future.

Again, thanks for reading and for taking the time to offer your thoughts and suggestions. They'll make a big difference going forward.

JCF

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

You might be in luck, if he has dual citizenship. Do people get automatic citizen for being born in Germany?