1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jessica Simpson hosting SNL now !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Jan 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The show has been pretty good so far.

2. outlaw

outlaw Member

her britney impression was good

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm finding this one to be pretty funny. And, I can do some rapping as well. Yo yo yo....:p .

4. New Jack

New Jack Member

What is with Jimmy Fallon sporting a mullet?

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Good show so far. The American Idol bit was hilarious, especially the Milkshake chic. I thought the Tylenol Extreme "commercial" was pretty funny.

Damn, even Weekend Update is funny. :eek:

EDIT: What was up with those 2 guys singing on Weekend Update? I didn't get it.

#5 ima_drummer2k, Jan 18, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The Trump bit was pretty good.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Jimmy Fallon really needs to cut that hair!

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Shoepolish of the Outhouse brand typing paper.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I thought that episode kinda sucked. They just haven't been them same since Will Ferrell left. I can't imagine how bad it is going to be next year once Jimmy Fallon is gone.

10. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I really liked the episode.

Simpson actually has some acting skills..... and that Paris Hilton / Nicole Richie bit was dead-on funny.

11. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Jimmy Fallon is the biggest coke head. I have friends in NYC that have seen him do lines on bar counters...

He's funny. really funny, but look at him on SNL...it's obvious...

12. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

She was on Late Show with David Letterman tonight...had him licking edible body cream off of her. :eek:

By the way, didn't feel like starting a new thread, so I posted here.

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I was going to do the same thing. I was hoping she was going to fall out of that low cut dress but my prayers were not answered.

14. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

We noticed the table in his dressing room after a show he did a year and a half back at the club I used to work at. As a bit of a tribute to Mr. Mike and Belushi, we may have followed suit ...

15. Surfguy

That's terrible if true. If it's that obvious, then I think SNL should take moves to rectify the situation. Or, else, I guess SNL endorses drug usage which may be true given their past record of stars with drug problems. True...you can't stop a person from taking drugs but you can fire them. The fact that John Belushi was on drugs during some of his skits on SNL just takes away it's value. Hell, I can take drugs and be funny on SNL. Where's the difficulty in being funny on drugs? That's never been a problem.

16. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

?? That's funny - from what I've seen, dumbasses on drugs are still dumbasses. While they find themselves hilarious, those around them don't. If a person is funny, it's because they have talent, not because they are on drugs.

Why should SNL take a stand? Their job is to broadcast the funniest shows they can.

The preceding was an unpaid quasi-political statement from a non-user who does not support the war on drugs

17. Surfguy

That is absolutely 100% not true because I've experienced it and seen it first hand. Drugs can easily make a normally non-funny sober person into a wild comedian easily that can have a crowd, sober or otherwise, in stitches. Unfortunately, I've done it one too many times and I am not a funny person in most cases. I've also seen other people do it many times. I've seen it done in front of friends, strangers...you name it....doesn't matter. Drugs alter the thought process pattern and make people say or do things they wouldn't normally do or have the insight to do. "Talent" has nothing to do with it in these cases although you could make a case that talented people would be even more funny than they would be if they were sober funny. I think John Belushi probably has some experience in sober funniness versus drugged out funniness. Same with Chris Farley.

Maybe because they don't want SNL to have the perception of a lot of their talent being serious drug users who may be high during skits and kick the bucket shortly after leaving the show. Maybe if the people that run SNL were more aware of their cast using drugs...then they may try to intervene and assist in getting them help. Or, continue to turn a blind eye and have people turn out like John and Chris. By knowingly allowing some of their cast to do drugs and/or be high during skits, then they are contributing to the problem. If that's not a good enough reason, then allow them all to do drugs all they want and let them all end it the way John and Chris ended up. In their cases, you have other cast members who knew what was going on but could not intervene because these people were possibly incapable of being helped. Yet, it's okay to keep them employed and feem them their money which goes...you know where. If SNL and reputable business don't want to be used in the same sentence, then by all means let them continue to turn a blind eye. Let it be known now and forever that SNL values comedic performances over the well-being of their cast. That's something to be proud of.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

When SNL was big the writers and producer were all on drugs. I don't think they care.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Well, I'm not very funny on or off of drugs. So I guess that doesn't work for me.

20. Surfguy

Obviously not. I wish them more dead former cast members in the future. All my best! LOL. Also, wasn't SNL big like during the 70s when drug usage was more accepted and rampant? I could understand the sentiment then. Not sure I can now after all that's happened.

You know they have those post-SNL airing parties to. No telling what goes on there. I wouldn't be surprised if they were all doing hardcore drugs at those things.

I think it's great that they can all be so carefree about it after the loss of John and Chris. I don't know that's what their doing...but it very well could be. I do think Lorne sets the standard as far as how SNL handles these things. I know he knew all about John and his situation as it was unfolding. However, I'm not sure he even care or tried to help John out. Maybe he should write an auto-biography so we can find out. Dan Akroyd has been the one who has spoken most often about how that all unfolded. He tried desperately to help John but he could not. My understanding is John was fine if he was working on a movie set and keeping busy. He wasn't fine, however, when he was not working. He always ended up finding the drugs. In the end, I guess you have to help yourself.

In summary, maybe there isn't more SNL can do. Who knows if their doing anything or enough? Maybe Lorne is a cocaine sniffer himself and parties down at the post-airing parties himself. I dunno...I'm not an insider. That's why we're discussing it. LOL.

Track record is: John and Chris are dead. Did SNL somehow do or not do something to contribute to their deaths? Is it unfair to even go there with SNL? To each his own. Drugs, sex, and rock n' roll! I want an investigation dammit! LOL. :D

Surf