1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are the "disgruntled" stars we would be willing to trade for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CriscoKidd, Apr 22, 2000.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

lol! I love the sig!!

If I get lost in the forets, will anyone hear me?

2. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Ugh. R03, after looking at that list, maybe I don't like the idea so much after all. Maybe we should look more for disgruntled teams than disgruntled players.

"Disgruntled" is a very cool multi-syllabic word.

Surely there must be a star power forward on a team looking to shake things up after a bad season. Everybody root for Miami to lose in the first round again, prompting an all out fire sale!

------------------

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, on Miami, Thunder Dan and Hardaway are FAs.....as well as Anthony Carter.

I think there will be more disgruntled people....did anyone expect Quitten to be disgruntled at this point? What about K-Mart or someone, who Vancouver drafts and doesn't like Canada? Speaking of Vancouver, and disgruntled stars, how does Shareef Abdur-Rahim sound?

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

4. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

speaking of Vancouver, add in the big Othella....

Othella, Abdur-Rahim for Williams, Draft Pick, KT, and Drew? (add in other stuff such as 2nd rounders, future picks, salary cap things et. al) they get two replacement forwards, another youngster (the pick) and depth (Drew). We get a bonafide scorer/rebounder, and a banger....I like it....

------------------

5. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

I'd do it but I kind of wish McDyess would become disgruntled. How goo would he look on this team now?

------------------

6. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

We had a chance for McDyess.....we chose Quitten instead....ouch.

------------------

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rock03

YOU'D PAY KEMP 20 MILL but not JUWAN?>???
    They seem like the same player
    except Juwan is in shape and Far less
    Demanding of the famous 'touches'

Rocket River

------------------

8. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

I don't think there's any way we get Rahim and Othella. Vancouver is still building, on the rise. I don't think they are desperate and ready to dismantle. Let's hope Miami, Portland, New York and Seattle consider it though. Any other teams we can think of to root against, jump out of the playoffs, and commence a good shake-down?

Distribute your Disgruntled Denizens to Clutchcity!

------------------

9. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

McDyess chose Denver over Houston, he said Maloney was not right for him.

------------------

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Here are a list of players who may be dissed with their team(im tired of writing five syllable words) BLAH!

1. A. Walker
    2. D. Fortson
    3. Juwon
    4. Gary Trent
    5. Ceballos
    6. Vancouver people
    7. Clipper people
    8. G. Robinson
    9. Kemp
    10. Tractor Traylor trash
    11. GS losers
    12. V. Baker
    13. B. Grant
    14. Jermaine ONeal
    15. Luc Longley(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

Not all these players Are stars, but they all might be able to be moved w/o a lot of difficulty.

We should get more fat people. I need a role model. Go Kemp!

------------------
    ------------------

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Like Nolen is saying in another thread we should trade for a "disgruntled" star. This way the other team would free up cap space via our 4.5 million exception. So as far as I know these are the disgruntled stars:

Walker--but he is a freakin cancer
    Rider--free agent, cancer, and we dont need guards
    Kemp--if he reports to camp in shape, I say we trade for him then
    Howard---hell no! I mean he is a good guy, who is getting criticism for being paid alot (hey if someone was willing to give me 100 million+ in the NBA I couldnt care less about what any of you all thought I deserved). But anyways I dont want Leslie paying him 20 million or whatever the hell he makes.
    Glenn Robinson--this I would just be willing to think about. But on second thought he is not that tall (6'7 I think), and is not that good a defender. He would just be getting in the way of Mobes and Francis.

------------------
    Now introducing the starting lineup for your Houston Rockets: Starting at Center, from Wake Forets TIM DUNCAN...

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For all you that want Kemp on this team. Forget his weight problem for a second and concentrate on his 42% FG shooting and 3.5 TO's per game. We already have Francis to give the ball up, we don't need anybody else.

------------------
    <this space for rent>

13. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

No disgruntled stars period.

wax-on, wax-off moment:
    when you're in an interview, and the interviewer asks you about your previous (current) employer/boss, only say nice things. As soon as you start bad mouthing that experience or your boss, etc. the interviewer immediately imagines you saying the exact same thing about him or her.

You'll also sound like the better person when you put a positive spin on an experience rather than sounding as if you're someone trying to nitpick.

------------------

14. popeye

popeye Member

Teams getting ready to implode:

Definition of implode: Tired of simmering on the backburner the management decides to clean some house. Out goes two of the following; the coaching staff, or, that star player(s) that was supposed to get it done two seasons ago("...well, we're going in a different direction, and we wish him(them) all the best...."),or everyone BUT the franchise player(s) and that includes basically everyone not sleeping with the owners daughter.

(in no particular order)

San Antonio
    Portland
    Vancover(duh)
    LA Clippers(duh)
    Charlotte
    New York
    Golden State(duh)
    Indiana
    New Jersey

15. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

well i'd have to disagree with Vancouver. Maybe O becuase he doesn't like it u there and definately the organization but the players there are staying pretty much, (unless they can find a white knight to take Big Country, although he has slimmed down a bit) Reef ain't going nowhere as long as he has a contract and Dick and Bibs are a lock. Also GS is gonna keep Twan, Hughes and Vonteego and that basicaly leaves no 1 else with a real value for any other teams other than Marshall and Mills but if you are willing to eat those huge contracts then your getting pretty desperate. Other than those two tiny disagreements I couldn't agree wit cha any mo.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

16. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Popeye,
    I don't know why you say San Antonio is going to implode; at least it doesn'y fit your stated reasons. I mean, San Antonio hasn't been on a backburner in a while, aside from the pre-Duncan draft year when they played submarine when Robinson got hurt. Please elaborate a little bit-I'm curious to hear more.

17. Plato

Plato Contributing Member

been looking for a thread to post this, hope it's appropriate:

i'm living in chicago right now and the buzz here is that neither duncan nor hill want to come here, despite da bulls' ability to shell out the big bux. basically, people say these guys don't want to be a part of a dubious rebuilding process (only brand is good, maybe artest, but the coach is a knob), and a much criticized front office. also, and i say this from the heart as a true houstonian, the weather in chicago is HORRIBLE.

with that said, it seems the rox have a few things going for them in the hunt for free agents: (1) solid rebuilding process (2) great front office (3) true players coach and (4) nice warm weather.

keepin my figers crossed...

i'll forward any news i get here from the chicago front.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Plato (edited April 24, 2000).]