1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k17

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JayGoogle, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cunKB_QIqA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cQKDcMxTAfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QcAZduTwQbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comes out in a few weeks, but you'll be able to create your player Sep 9th. (only on XB1/PS4 though)

Any ways, looking like another win for NBA 2k. Always good to have NBA 2k coming out because it reminds me NBA season is near...

Daddy Long Legs and sauce like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

2k17 will automatically be lightyears ahead of 2k16 just by dropping "Living Da Dream" for me. Can't wait to see what classic teams they have, hopefully the Kobe/Gasol Lakers, and of course can't wait to play with the Rockets new squad.

I almost **** my self when I saw the video title "The dream lives on" but then I realized it was just a refference for the team USA dream team and not Spike Lee's abomination of a mycareer story lolz.

1 person likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gonna light dudes up with Ryno and Brewer

Daddy Long Legs and sauce like this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

In this version of MyCareer you get to play as a FOF, Vic Van Lier as he comes back to life!

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree. I kind of wish they just drop all the story stuff in favor of more options. Wouldn't it be cool to have the option of going to the NBA through the European system? They have the teams and set up to do that. Then you could play on international teams for the olympics (which I'm guessing is in this year) which would be more of a challenge.

As for classic teams Charles Barkley is finally in the game so this legendary Rockets team is finally possible...
    [​IMG]

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The #Friction commercial does not have 1 single shot of James Harden.

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

:(

I used to play NBA 2K obsessively. Since the first one on the Dreamcast, in fact.

But IMO they lost their way starting with 2K10. The tight, responsive gameplay was exchanged for floaty-feeling movement and long, locked-in animations that took away the feeling that I was controlling the action. The long animations look better in highlight reels, but they're no fun at all when playing the game.

I've made numerous attempts to get back into it, most recently 2K15. I enjoyed the career-mode type feature a bit, but it couldn't keep me interested because the underlying gameplay just isn't that good anymore.

It's in desperate need of a revamp. I don't know why it keeps getting good reviews.

Madden has been pretty stagnant for a long time, but I don't think it's taken quite the nosedive NBA 2K has.

Both the major soccer titles are much better games at this point in time.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm a retro guy. Most of the retro faces look absolutely horrible that i just don't care. I watch today's basketball all season long, i prefer retro b/c it takes me back or it's just something new. I don't want to watch the Rockets win 40 games in miserable fashion and then play with them throughout the season in 2K also. I want to play with the 95 Rockets. Too bad Hakeem looks so freaking weird. Hell, even MJ, the GOAT looks weird and nothing like himself. None of them have their own moves either. I want Hakeem to really play like himself in the post-fluid footwork. I want Jordan to be unlike anyone ever bc he just feels like another player with his fadeaway and a couple of dunks he rarely did in game or never did in game at all. Meh. That was cool back in like 2k19 up to 2k12 but now you need to have real detailed signature moves for retro players. It stands out even more now that majority of the current stars have so many signature moves and styles that the retro players just look generic now.

I also hated the Spike Lee story with a passion. That was so bad. The acting. Yeesh. The being forced to be part of an African American family with a AA's voice was silly too. Only a black guy can make it to the NBA Spike? What about the white,asian, hispanic, arab ballers/gamers who don't want to sound like Marvin Gaye? That'd be great if we can just record our own lines of dialogue with a mic.

#2 i game on PC, so if they don't have a way to scan your face again, i won't bother.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Just saw there will be a face scan companion app for 2k17 much like NBA Live last year. Hopefully it works as good as NBA Live's did and hopefully it will be compatible with the PC version.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NBA 2K17 Face-Scanning Requires Free Mobile App <a href="https://t.co/MdKxsck4ji">https://t.co/MdKxsck4ji</a> <a href="https://t.co/kY0tVVY2gr">pic.twitter.com/kY0tVVY2gr</a></p>&mdash; Game Informer (@gameinformer) <a href="https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/768463185322053632">August 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Operation Sports have confirmed that face scanning is PS4 and X1 only.

Not buying.

11. YourSecretLover

2k16 was so disappointing. Spike Lee story was garbage. I only buy these games every 4-5 years but 2k11 was better.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The story was an unnecessary distraction, mainly because you could not customize it. You could be a white guy but still grow up in the projects and have a black twin sister and black parents. It completely took away the realism and the feeling of immersion that you are supposed to have in a mode like My Career.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I don't know which play style i want to be because i was a shooting guard in 2K16 and i attacked the basket more than shooting.

So i don't know if i want to become a slasher or be balanced and choose shot creator.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I always play pg in career mode because typically the cpu players suck.... And I like padding my stats while I win, :) Would love to play sf-c but.... wonderful teammates don't pass or miss wide-open (this was 2k12/14). Last one I played was 15 so I missed the Freq story or whatever...

What's frustrating is after a year of career it's like dialogue would disappear so career mode kind of got boring. Also most of the players with dialogue retired... I simmed a ton towards end... Harden was old but with Rockets still :)

I really prefer online play, just since 2k13 (I think that was broken year) haven't been as into it.

15. Poloshirtbandit

I haven't played a basketball game in years. I really wanted to like 2k16, but I just couldn't enjoy it. Maybe I'm getting old but I had a really hard time figuring out the controls and finally gave up.

16. SunsRocketsfan

Is the Round Mound of Rebound on the dream team?

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NBA 2K is one company I can count on. Fantastic game for the basketball diehards.

If you don't like things (change the sliders) or try someone elses...

1 person likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Madden for me has been stagnant because they've yet to really successfully overhaul their franchise/career mode. Not sure about this year as I haven't played it this year but they haven't touched that career mode in years. It's ages behind other games career mode. Meanwhile NBA 2k revamps these modes or add to these modes every year all while trying new things like the online park mode.

As for gameplay a lot of people enjoy it. I think it gets high scores because a lot of people just enjoy playing it I guess?

I played PG last year but I get bored not dunking on people. When I play PG I usually go for a Chris Paul type. I mean it's fun but I think I'll play PF/C this time.

Yeah he is, the entire 92 dream team is in the game.

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Good thing if people enjoy it I guess. I just wish it would get back to being something I could enjoy, because I really loved it before. :(

I am a career mode junkie in all sports games though, so the innovations there are indeed appreciated. Fifa/Madden/others seem to have mostly ignored their career modes lately in favor of things like Ultimate team that increase their revenue (blah). Back in my day, you could just create custom teams without having to jump through hoops for it, or export your franchise team to play in other modes.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really hate ultimate team modes too man, I spend 0 time on them in any sport game and sport games are like pretty much all i play outside of the shooter here and there or big AAA title. NBA 2k really has the best franchise/career mode for me.

I only play single player career or franchise mostly. I wish Madden would revamp it's career mode and I hate that XP thing they did with their franchise mode last year and I read a few reviews seems like not much changed but the gameplay is apparently excellent.