1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Porter

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RENDIGGLER3:20, Dec 15, 2000.

1. RENDIGGLER3:20

Ok this guy should be getting some minutes!The only reason why he is even playing now is because of injurys but the Warriors need to find this kid some playing time!

He is very athletic and he can play good defense and I didnt know he had that good of a shot.I think Porter is definitly a starting small forward some where in this league!

I know last year Auburn was nothing with out him!I forgot why he dropped in the draft,was he hurt or suspended towards the end of last years college season?

Whats the deal with his contract,didnt he only sign for this year?

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Porter considered coming out in the '99 draft, and was widely tipped as a top 10 pick (a lot of experts had him going number 1) - he stayed in school and then got suspended (I think for taking money??), consequently his draft ranking dropped to 55.

I think he's on a 2 year deal similar to Dan Langhi's deal.

Don't know how accurate this information is, but I hope it helps [​IMG]

------------------

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

He was suspended for the final 3 regular season games and all of post season for having contact with an agent (NBA.COM). NBAtalk has Porter with a one year deal. If he keeps playing like last against the Rockets, he's going to create some tough decisions for the GS management.

------------------
    GATER

4. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

The suspension had nothing to do with him falling in the draft.

Teams noticed that he wasn't as tall as listed and when they measured him, they found out he was a PF with a shooting guard's body. He went to the camps and individual workouts and didn't show the kind of shooting touch that would be necessary to make the transition, or so the experts thought.

He makes up for a lot of his shortcomings through sheer activity. Very hard worker that loves to defend.

------------------

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

i think it is obvious he would be good. He had a great junior season. SI annointed auburn the preseason faves and stated porter was the reason why.

He could not have just lost that talent in one season.

7. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

I always knew porter would be a good player. i was shocked to see him fall that low on draft day. he took money to help his mom..
    im still lost on those who say he cant shoot worth a crap. sorry but his shot looked very nice i thought.

porter is a superb athlete and i have to go w/ the majority and pick him over langhi. if he could extend his range to 3 pointers man he would be awesome. he is a gifted gifted athlete. superb pick by golden st. there is a reason auburn was #1 at a time last season w/ him.

i begged houston to pick him in my mock drafts but NOOOOOO. heh. langhi might turn out good tho. but i like chris porter alot.

------------------
    --TEX