1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IF Miami doesn't win a title this year...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CCorn, Jan 26, 2011.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

What would you think the chances are if Miami has an early exit, or gets demolished by Boston the team puts the blame on Bosh and trys to pull a trade for a defensive C that can rebound and PG with an outside jumper. With all the "Big 2" Comments I hear on ESPN I'm curious if Miami decides he just doesn't fit. Maybe next season see a trade similar to Gortat Nash for Bosh and insert Miami scrub. Just something I was thinking about reading an article about most disappointing players this year and his name was mentioned.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Then they will still be favorite to win it next year, and then the next year, and the next year......

That's why this super friends crab is ruining the league

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Bosh not fitting in hasn't really been an issue. Miami won't have any trouble recruiting players to upgrade their weaknesses should they not win a title. No need to give up Bosh.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/john_schuhmann/01/22/spoelstra-qa/

[rquoter]
    NBA.com: Why does Bosh have the best plus-minus on the team?

E.S.: He is probably our most important player, especially early on in the season. He's our crutch. He's our bail-out. We're able to run the offense through him and facilitate ball movement through him, easier than anything else we do.

It's because of his skill set and because we can play our high-post offense through him, with our cuts and movement. We can play him out of the low post with cuts and movement. And we can get into our normal pick-and-roll game, either by running it with him and throwing the ball back to him; or running a pick-and-roll with somebody else, rolling that guy, and replacing with him.

So there's so many different things we can do where the ball ends up in his hands, and it will facilitate another action. That's why, offensively, he's had the biggest impact. It's really been understated how important he's been to making this whole thing work.
    [/rquoter]

4. AggieRocketsFan

Having an offensive post presence that can stretch the floor like Bosh really helps balance a lineup that includes two superstar perimeter players that need the ball in their hands to be effective.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

ha well i think it just gives them leverage, cuz if they don't win the FO won't care about the superfriends and move Bosh for more assets. Personally I don't think the 3 can be Boston or Lakers in a series but you give them a Decent PG and C I think you just need the queen and Wade and they would be nasty.... Until Griffin goes to OKC in 2014 ha.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

they're not going to trade anybody. if you actually watch their games, bosh is very critical to their team.

if they lose, it's b/c of team chemistry. that doesn't come in a year. boston was able to win in their first year b/c a lot of the role players stepped up (perkins, rondo, posey, allen).

if the heat role players step up (miller, jones, chalmers, the C position), they will win the championship.

they have 6 years to win. if they win 4 out of 6, is that a failure? c'mon

7. amaru

amaru Member

If they have an early exit, LeBron will get flamed.

But it will take them a year or maybe 2 to fine tune everything.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I really think Wade is just going to get hurt in the post season, seems like he gets injured alot. If he was on the Rockets he'd be out 30 games a season ;). W/o him I don't think they have a chance against any of the top 3 teams in the East.

9. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Well maybe Miami should stop using Bosh as the guy who sets all the picks, and let him work in the post where he's most dominant. They just don't seem to get that.

10. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Agree 100 percent.

People need to understand that Wade Bosh Lebron are still pretty young, and in the prime of there careers.

They signed up to win titles over a 5-6 year period, not a one year time frame.

There will be plenty of players wanting to play for Miami next year, they will have no trouble filling any holes.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Are they the favorites to win it this year? Even before the season started I had the Lakers as the team to beat. Maybe in 2k11 they are the favorites.

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Maurice Williams should get them to the next level ;)

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I love the Artest Sig. I wish more players were like him ha.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OP, you need to come into the present and forget the early-season knee-jerk nonsense that existed on this forum about Bosh. The Heat are SIGNIFICANTLY better when he's on the floor. Bosh fits in better with Wade and LeBron than they do with each other. I don't know why you would even bring something like this up now.

Perhaps that won't be true by the end of the season because the Big 2 learn to play better together without Bosh. If so, the Eastern Conference will be in even bigger trouble.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

They'll sign somebody like Kendrick Perkins if there is a MLE in the new CBA. And when they get their big banger, look out. Dalembert will be available this off season also. He is all blocks and boards and put backs so he would be perfect for the Big 3.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

They have been a been slump since Bosh has been injured. They sure seem to miss Bosh. They were winning, when they had Bosh.

Why would they need to give up Bosh to get a defensive C? A defensive C doesn't have to be a near-max contract. Most playoff teams aren't paying near-max contract for a defensive C.

I can't even think of any defensive C that would be available for that that would have the same size contract as Bosh.

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

So much is going to depend on the health of the team and how much gas is left in the big 3's tank by playoff time.

I feel like if the big 3 and the bench are healthy, and they dont at least win the east, and at least make a competitive showing in the finals, they will be viewed as a failure.

If their roster is depleted by injury, many will say that the jury is out on them being successful or not. That the only true test is if the big three are all playing. And that next year they will win it, if healthy.

Personally, I really dont think they can go all the way without the big 3, all of them, ready to go. Any one of them not playing will tilt the balance in the favor of a few of the other eastern teams. Boston, Chicago or Orlando I would favor over them in such a case.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'll agree with this HOWEVER if there is no MLE or its reduced to very low amount and their targets go elsewhere then a Gortat/Nash for Bosh deal makes A LOT of sense for both sides invovled...just saying.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think the coach will get the blame when they lose.

20. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

i think wade will get the blame. since he is suppose to be the "leader" and hasnt been playing as well as he should.