1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Oct 11, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Season premier going on now.

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

"You do have a cell." It's official. Negan confirmed. Those of you who read the comic know what I'm talking about.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

1 post in this season lol.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

where do they film this show? i want to be an extra, apparently they need a lot of them. sheesh

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

I think they need a shorter cast. Just too much going on and not enough interesting side-plots for me to really care about characters like that lesbian chick or Maggie. I miss season 1.

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

I also can't get behind the Alexandria storyline. I mean, a thriving community that is gated with running water and electricity takes in a group of unknown stragglers and the owner just completely surrenders control to them? They make it seem like the Alexandria people won't be able to survive without Rick's group but they built a thriving community that is a safe haven in an apocalyptic world. It just doesn't make sense to me why the lady who is in control will agree to take these people in and start changing things around.

Like when Glenn beat up her son and she goes over and says "Thank you for doing that". WTF?

I don't know, I follow the show loosely. It's not bad but it isn't nearly as captivating as it once was.

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

They had been losing people, the son mentioned losing 4 people the month prior to Ricks group joining them. So they were starting to have issues it seems, so they reached out for experts.

8. hvic

hvic Member

senoia, GA. I'm surprised its filmed in the states and thought it would be somewhere in canada

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Narrowing the cast is something TWD does very well.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I liked it. Personally, I watch it knowing not to expect Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones type story telling.

Just kill a whole bunch of zombies in a really gruesome manner and I'm happy.

11. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Did Rick purposely set up Carter to get killed in the woods? An inexperienced guy like him being the vanguard by himself.

Really enjoying Rick's heel turn the last couple of seasons and keeping it more real than Shane.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hated it.

Wow.

1.5 hour show built around a really stupid idea and then at the end the entire story line was a big waste.

I have to say that Fear the Walking Dead did a much better job of delivering tension. So much of Walking Dead last night felt lame. That entire plan to move the walkers was such a stupid plot point.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....that was a really stupid idea. Why not just let them out one or two at a time and kill them? You empty out the pit and let it fill again.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i feel the same way about last night's episode as i have for a while. it was ok and decent. i don't watch much tv anymore. from around when lost came on until the end of breaking bad i watched a lot. i have not even finished last seasons game of thrones.

i suppose i'm just getting my tv fix and the very least. so ill keep watching until the end ;)

15. justtxyank

Oh, and I'm really tried of the people who get killed by surprise zombies. That zombie was stuck in a tree and looked to be in really, really bad condition. The show has established that the old ones can be killed pretty easily. How did that guy get held and controlled by one? Just plain dumb.

And just to stress how stupid the main plot was, if all it took was a horn blowing, or other walkers scratching a window, or someone screaming, to distract the entire herd, then maybe letting thousands of them out onto the road with you isn't a good idea. I mean what would have happened if a freaking deer ran by or something? Geez.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

that's what i thought to. or at least have a conversation about using some type of projectile and kill as many as you can.

from what i remember of the preview they are going to be overwhelmed all seasons from sheer numbers.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What was the concern with more walkers falling in the pit? Would the walkers start piling up on each other and form a ladder out of the pit like in WWZ? They should have just fixed the problem areas in the pit imo. I liked Carter's plan better. Also, what is moving that huge amount of walkers 20 miles away going to do if they just come back? That's less than a days walk for the walkers to come back. Any little thing could turn them around or scatter them. It was obvious the "W" guys caught on and started blowing the horn to lead them to Alexandria.

I liked the scope of the episode with the huge amount of walkers involved. I also liked the black and white video past with the color video current to distinguish between what was happening when. At first, I thought the color went out on my TV. lol

#17 Surfguy, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  18. justtxyank

It's probably the single stupidest idea ever on this show. And I swear to God if this season is all about them dealing with that herd now I won't bother watching. It's just too stupid.

You are right, what if a bird flew by after they got 20 miles down the road and they all turned around? I mean that's just dumb as hell. Thousands of walkers and you are going to let them out of a contained area? The other guy was right. Beef it up on the side that leads to you and then start a process to kill them in the pit in a controlled manner.

Their concern was that as more and more came eventually that area where the truck was would collapse. (Not sure how they KNEW that, but whatever) So just build that fence a little further back in case the ramp fell in and the truck fell off the side. Now you have time to kill them slowly. Sure it would suck to go out there every day for a month or whatever to kill as many as you could before you got exhausted, but it's better then the stupid idea he came up with.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Plot armor (and the opposite for Carter) was out in full force last night.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's ironic.