1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] A.K.A. Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 18, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

From Netflix, up next after Daredevil, A.K.A. Jessica Jones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Netflix’s Next Marvel Series ‘A.K.A. Jessica Jones': What We Know So Far

With Netflix’s affiliation with Marvel, the original series Daredevil was bought to our screens this year — and fans loved it so much that the second season has just been announced. Netflix will be bringing five Marvel characters to life, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, The Defenders, and Iron Fist. The next project in line to get the Netflix makeover is Jessica Jones and here’s what we know about it so far:

The synopsis for Netflix’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones (according to the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wikia):

“Ever since her short-lived stint as a Super Hero ended in tragedy, Jessica Jones has been rebuilding her personal life and career as a hot-tempered, sardonic, bada*s private detective in Hell’s Kitchen, New York City. Plagued by self-loathing, and a wicked case of PTSD, Jessica battles demons from within and without, using her extraordinary abilities as an unlikely champion for those in need… especially if they’re willing to cut her a check.”

[​IMG]

Jessica Jones – or A.K.A. Jessica Jones – is a relative newcomer to the Marvel universe, having only been on the scene for around 14 years. She was created by comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis for a comic called Alias.

In the Netflix series, Jessica Jones will be played by actress Krysten Ritter, who fans will know from TV shows such as Breaking Bad and Don’t Trust the B*tch in Apartment 23. According to IMDb, she will also appear as Jessica Jones in Netflix’s other Marvel original, The Defenders. She admits she wasn’t a comic book fan before being cast in Netflix’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones:

“I wasn’t, but I am now reading the Jessica Jones comics and devouring them. And [I’m] hooked. I don’t think I’ve been so hooked on something since Serial. So now I feel that way about the Jessica Jones series.”

As well as Krysten Ritter, IMDB have listed the following as regular cast members for the Netflix series: David Tennant, Mike Colter, Rachael Taylor, Carrie-Anne Moss, Eka Darville, Erin Moriarty and Susie Abromeit.
    Jessica Jones was originally pitched to ABC as a scripted series but the network passed on it, allowing Netflix to snap it up.

When will A.K.A. Jessica Jones air on Netflix? With no discernible listing on Netflix for this program in the later half of 2015, Cinema Blend has assumed Netflix will be airing one Marvel series a year, thus placing Jessica Jones into 2016.

------------------

Info on Jessica Jones from Marvel's Wiki. Too much to post and certainly contains spoilers.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Looking forward to this, love me some Krysten Ritter. Daredevil was much better than expected so I'm looking forward to this.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

She's hot... But what can she actually do superhero wise?

4. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Let's hope she can stay away from needles! :p

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Powers are pretty generic.
    Super-strength (lift cars level), Highly resistant to harm physically (maybe bulletproof, but Vision beat her up bad while she was under mind control), Can fly...but not as agile as iron man, and she is resistant to mind control due to help from Jean Grey after she was mind controlled for a few months (I doubt her MCU version will have this).

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

According to the wiki~

7. magman

magman Member

I think she will be fine, Jessica Jones is a tortured hero, she went through some crazy stuff, I think Krysten can portray that.

Physically she's also bulked up enough to not look completely unbelievable.

[​IMG]

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If it weren't for the success of Daredevil on Netflix, I would have zero interest in this show. 50/50 chance I watch it.

On the other hand, can't wait for Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Defenders.

9. magman

magman Member

I'm in too deep with Marvel now. I'll watch whatever they dish out. I had to power through Agent Carter, and the slow first half of Agents of Shield.

I agree with you that I think this will get a boost from the success of Daredevil on Netflix.

Luke Cage is on this show as well, and having David Tennant as the villain doesn't hurt it's chances either.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I want Iron Fist! With that said, Krysten was great on Breaking Bad, and my wife introduced me to Don't Trust the b**** in Apartment 23, and she's hilarious on that as well. Doesn't hurt that she's attractive. I'm in for this one as well.

Plus Luke Cage will be in it, and David Tennant as Purple Man should be quite good (like magman said). He plays creepy very well.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You guys are saying Luke Cage is in this Jessica Jones thing AND he will get his own show on Netflix? Interesting.

Agreed that David Tennant will be interesting.

Agent Carter was a slog. I watched every episode. It has potential but Hayley Atwell may not have the chops to carry a show as the lead character.

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

doesn't look bulked up at all in that photo.

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Honestly surprised about the dislike of Agent Carter, thought it was far better than SHEILD all around in less episodes.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

There will be 4 individual runs (DD, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist), then a team up series the Defenders. Presumably all or some of them will be showing up I'm the Infinity war movies. All 4 are avengers at various points in the comics.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is there a comedy element to Jessica Jones? Ritter can definitely be funny.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Saying something is better than Agents of SHEILD is like saying a person is taller than a midget.

1 person likes this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's gotten a lot better, though. It's like Parks and Rec: Season 1 was hot garbage, but S2 to the series finale was some of the best TV.

If new viewers / people that want to get in on AoS want to watch AoS, just disregard the episodes pre-Winter Soldier, and you should be fine.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Isn't that Pinkman's girl that choked?

With the start of Supergirl there will be a series of sexy kittens on the smaller screen...

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Damn you Walter, it was all your fault! Yes, it's her.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]