1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Leftovers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jun 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The Leftovers

www.hbo.com/the-leftovers

Started last night, anyone watch? Thoughts? Pretty grim but well acted, curious to see where it all goes...

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I watched last night. I'll give it another 2 episodes before I make up my mind.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

It's on my DVR but I'm wary of it because it's made by the LOST creator and scam artist Lindelof. From the previews it's going to very much be the "WHAT'S HAPPEEENINGGG" type of show that LOST was. I think it's based on a book so maybe he won't be able to pull off a scam like LOST. It's also on HBO who I trust. I'll check out the pilot and see.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

expected it to be intense and mysterious, maybe with a twist at the end of episode 1.

was left watching a world post-incident with rabid animals, chain smokers, and teenage sex deviants.

don't think it will last past one season, even with Lindelof behind it

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Haven't watched it yet... but basically turned off True Blood halfway through the episode (it was awful).

If there was ever a show where HBO should consider canceling it mid-season (like the networks do), its true blood.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Watched it and truly had no clue what was going on, but from what I've read you have to give it 2-3 episodes to really start to understand what they're going for. I'll keep watching but the first episode wasn't all that great, IMO.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

LOL. couldn't agree more. it has basically sucked since season 2, but i've had some sick compulsion to finish it out. I barely pay attention while I'm watching and barely even understand what's going on at this point. I'd say it's rivaling Dexter for quickest downward spiral of a show ever, but the smoking hot/naked women in TB keep it a tick higher.

But, we shouldn't be talking about TB in a Leftovers thread. Gonna watch The Leftovers tonight.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you haven't figured out the show is geared towards women I don't know what to tell you. That's straight purple spine women book p*rn.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Pretty much. The first season actually had enough going on to give it a "guilty-pleasure" feel. Season 2 was somewhat intriguing with a legit villain. By season 3 I was just like "This is really ****ing lame" and never watched it again.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I watched, and like everyone else I'm waiting before I cast judgment. I'm al in though, because... Well, what else is there to watch?

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I found the pilot somewhat disjointed and all over the place. The stuff with the animals was sheer overkill. That Guilty Remnant cult is just plain odd. I just don't know what to make of Holy Wayne - he's like a crazed David Koresh knockoff with a fetish for young Asian girls. Scary thing is I know a guy like that who works for Microsoft in Redmond, WA. I suppose I will give it two more episodes before deciding whether to keep watching. It was certainly different...

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I want to watch, but the trailer didn't move me at all. I love the premise though.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True blood is equal to true wreck

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am on the fence. Will watch a few episodes
    I think Flash Forward had more interesting plot

Rocket River
    I wonder if there are any books that completed that story

15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

First episode was decent. Since I'm running out of shows to watch, I'll probably watch the whole season even if it does suck after a few episodes.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wasn't a fan. I'll watch another one or two though.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This seems like a show that's more focused on people dealing with the aftermath of an event rather than trying to figure out what the event actually was and what caused it.

18. across110thstreet

this seems like the formula for every post apocalyptic show on tv right now

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Which ones? It seems to me that shows with this same type of of basic premise tend to try to be exciting and action oriented. The Leftovers seems to be a slower, more low key emotional type of show. No real goal or end game. Just people trying to deal with **** and move on with their lives.

#19 Cannonball, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  20. across110thstreet

just in general, was a basic observation. there's so many I can't keep up with. saw a show tonight about a magnetic Dome over a town, I think it was called "Dome"

The Walking Dead for instance. you always see people say "it's not about a zombie apocalypse, it's about people dealing with the world after the apocalypse"
    (but how did it happen?)

but back to LEFTOVERS- and I guess I get the sex fueled apathy part, no one gives a **** anymore in this world with no real answers or explanations. like others, I will give it a few episodes.