1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Spotlight - 10/10

Surprised I couldn't find a thread on this one. This is just an amazing film. One of the best I've seen in years.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dope - 8.5/10. Entertaining movie and a crazy story. I was confused at first because I thought the movie was actually based in the 90s. :eek:

3. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I think I'd rate it a 6/10 or so myself. Agree about plot and ending. This reminded me of Quantum of Solace which is my least favorite Craig Bond flick.

4. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'm so jealous of you. I would probably pay $5,000 to have the memory of that movie erased from my mind just so I could watch it again for the first time. That ending is just a thing of beauty.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Spectre was so bad. What a letdown from Skyfall. Why would you make
    Christoph Waltz (phenomenal actor) the big & bad yet under use him so badly?

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

The Visit-6 out of 10. About average to slightly above.
    No real twist like everyone was saying and I'm not to thrilled with the whole personal camcorder perspective
    But I still enjoyed it.

The gift - 5 out of 10
    Kind of boring and the ending left me thinking Okay.....and....?

American sniper 7 out of 10 - Why the fake baby?

I know I saw some other movie in the last couple of days but for whatever reason I can't remember it. So I guess that would be a 1 out of 10, 1 only because I know I saw something.

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The Martian 8.5/10. book was better, still a great movie.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Everest - 3/10

What a piece of crap

9. dragician

dragician Member

Netflix The Asset 8/10.

if you like spy movie, based on true events, this one is a thrilla.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Seen a bunch of movies lately.

Mockingjay Part 2 - 6/10, Easily the worst of the Hunger Games movies but some of the action scenes were really cool.
    Dope - 7.5/10, Such a fresh movie, so different from the garbage getting pumped out these days.
    Vacation - 5/10, I found about 20% of the movie pretty funny. The rest is painfully strange and bad.
    No Escape - 6.5/10, A much better movie than I anticipated. If not for the great cast this could have easily been a B level movie.
    Jurassic World - 5.7/10, meh, disappointing
    Terminator Genisys - 6.5/10, Entertaining, great seeing Arnold again.
    San Andreas - 5.5/10, Worst disaster movie I've seen in a long time, very disappointed and I'm a big fan of disaster movies.
    Southpaw - 6/10, Good effort but just not compelling enough for me with the quality of the Rocky movies that already covered this area.
    The End of the Tour - 6.5/10, Still digesting this movie. It was engrossing really but after it was over I was just like, what?

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

The Man from UNCLE - 5.5/10

It really wasn't anything special. Flat story line and no memorable scenes. It's basically just 2 brehs doing foreign (for them) accents.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Watched a **** ton of movies this week.

Martian - 9/10 (light drama)
    Searching for a Friend for the End of the World - 2/10 (could've been way better)
    Inside Out - 5/10 (overrated severely)
    Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I - 7/10 (was forced to watch as I haven't seen the others; wasn't a fan of JLaw the person, but she did alright)
    Spotlight - 10/10 (very well written, and amazing acting imo; gut wrenching; MUST WATCH)
    Kung Fury - 5.5/10 (too wild for me; meh)

#6072 vstexas09, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  13. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Stanford Prison Experiment

Very good movie. Recommended.

14. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Kung fury 10/10 best movie ever made

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Invincible: 7.5 out of 10... This was better than I thought it would be. Some of the shots were beautiful and inspiring, and others didn't feel like real football. So it was a weird mixed bag there. The overall experience though brought me into his story. I was not sold on Kinnear or Wahlberg at the beginning of the movie, just didn't seem to fit, but was invested by the end so I consider that a nice job of acting to move me in their direction.

16. cebu

cebu Member

The ant man - 8/10

It's funny too

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Transformers: Age of Extinction

What a loooooong movie. I liked 1 and 3 but was ready for the franchise to move in a new, fresh direction. And then was bummed when Bay decided to come back. Well it's just another by-the-numbers Bay Transformers...nothing new here. There was too much focus on throwaway human characters, not enough robots, poor design choices, stereoptyped robot characters, and overstuffed action scenes with zero depth or engagement.

Maybe one day we'll get the Transformers movie we deserve.

5/10

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Southpaw 8/10 - Kept me entertained throughout, good story line. Predictable ending.

Fast 7 7.5/10 - Same old same old. Everything was very convenient throughout that movie. The ending made me sad. I'll bump it to 8/10 for the ending. Classy move.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Escape - 7.5. Dramatic and pretty tense scenes. The plot detail is glossed over and fuzzy at best, but overall the movie still has good suspense.

American Ultra - 6.5. Not bad. Could have been much cooler but it had it's moments.

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Spotlight: 9/10

Acting was phenomenal in this one and it was very well written, these two aspects made this movie because I think it was a difficult story to tell. Only knock for me is that it's not something I think I would make a point to watch again and that's mostly because of the subject matter and predictability of it. Very well done though.