1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Street Ball Team -- Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by qpx, Jan 8, 2004.

1. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

Which likes to show on National TV?

Team Captain: SF
    Contributors: CAT, JJ, YM....

How many games will be on National TV?

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This picture makes more sense than this thread:

[​IMG]

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

i was watching the rockets destroy the knicks zone by 30. what game were you watching? :)

there are situations when an iso play here and there is called for. think of it as in football a good passing team running it up the middle for good measure to keep the defense honest

actually thats exactly what it is

4. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

mmm....street ball team??

5. torrr

torrr Member

Less talk, more pictures !

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You haven't been taking your medication like you're supposed to, have you...

7. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

Com'on. I say they are like a street ball team to show on National TV, while not referring that they play like a street ball.

You can see everytime if the game on the national TV, they are playing well. Aren't they like a street ball team?

Why don't they play game like this when it's not on national TV? Ask them and yourself. They're street ball team!:D :D

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The Rockets score 111 points at Madison Square Garden and a thread pops up ripping them? :confused:

9. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

qpx is saying that these guys bump it up a notch (or three) for the nationally televised games. He's right. His point is that it's similar to street ballers who play better for an audience. Don't know if I agree with that.

But there's no question that these guys play intense as hell on national TV. They always mention it in the post game interviews, gotta represent for a special game on national TV. In my opinion, this is wonderful. These guys are big-game ballers, in other words: playoff players. Once these guys make the playoffs, it will be like a whole new team. I'm glad for it.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I agree. You have to ask yourself why they get up for the big games and not for the everyday grind of Detroit's. And I think that goes back to coaching. The players aren't playing day in and day out and that is a direct reflection on the motivational skills of your coach. Come on, how do you got blown out and score only 66 points one night and then the next night of back to back games you score highest output ever against a defensive minded team and blow them out on their on court.

The answer is pure and simple the Rockets are a talented enough team to beat anyone on any given night but the heart of a champion left with Rudy. And JVG instills nothing but resentment and animosity among his players. Sure they will make an effort but not a passionate one. The team is more talented than last year and yet they are no better. JVG equal big mistake!

11. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Dude, I don't see what you're saying at all. Are you saying this because the president of your club posted a thread about VG not being a nice guy? There's interpreting game play, and there's mindreading, and the latter is what you and RockeRichNY are doing.

12. MattM

MattM Member

:confused:

You and MoT been kickn it lately? ;)

13. MattM

MattM Member

14. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

Yeap. I am a Big MoT FAN! :D:D

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Watch as the season progresses and maybe you'll figure out the obvoius DUDE!

16. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

That's what I hope they will get that level. While with SF&CAT, I don't think so. Although SF's crossover is wonderful, he always wants to beat sb. one by one. Although CAT is a good shooter beyond the arch, he has really poor shoot selections.

Also YAO is not that bad as I expected, he still have some space to go to another level. CATO is good player who will learn everyday, you can see today he knocked down a long ranger, that's shocked me. MoT is alike Chris webber if he can keep his shooting like I said long time ago.