1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Coming out] Story of an Incestious Family Survivor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by heypartner, Sep 6, 2014.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can clutchfans allow me a story that I'm pretty sure others will be quiet about but now maybe share. Trust me this is really hard to say, and my sisters always wanted us brothers to say.

I've been here for what? 15 yrs and never told anyone. Not even friends offline.

Maybe you will say this is a bad thread idea. New media actually makes this easier. At least believe me...that my sisters have made the same coming out proclamation as this and encourage me. They wanted us boys to state this to the world many years ago.

So...since I have your attention with my niece posts...this is a good moment to come out and announce to whoever is willing to listen that my family is at least two generations at this and we are trying to stop it,,,and we want to help others.

I am from a family of at least father and grandmother (note I didn't say grandfather) of documented incest.

My mom divorced my father when I was 6, because she found out. Somehow he won custody over all us eight kids...me being 7th out of 8.

You know what happens here that is extraordinoary...my oldest sister at age 15 became the mom of the family, and this indescribable human known as my father convinced her she was his new wife.

I was too young to understand. But in retrospect to my knowledge...I saw how it spread. Like my brothers started the 'seemingly' harmless spinning of the bottle games with my sisters and one of their friends. Then the game would end for me. And I'd go back to my room

At some point, I think I went into complete silence and just wanted to go to school and stay late playing sports. Then my youngest sister #8 did the same thing focusing on school and sports. We became very tight. So we both escaped. Then I left her all alone with my father when I was the last one to go to college. She survived by studying at her friends house every night and ... I don't know how she did it. She is my hero.

We are best friends to this day. Survivors...lucky to be #7 and #8 in a family of eight.

I know cfnet's will question my motivations for this post to explain my relationship with my nieces. You should. Because that is the purpose of the post...to explain incest...and how you become weird yourself and either continue it or develop a level of protection to your sisters and nieces that is indescribable to others.

#1 heypartner, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Well damn. Thanks for sharing this deeply personal situation.

I think you should seek a support group for it because this isn't the place that'll be able to handle something of this matter, and you might be too smart or defensive for a shrink.

But it happened, and talking to other people who have lived your shoes could be valuable for laying some things to rest and accepting whatever needs to be accepted.

Not sure what else I can say, but you're lucky to have immediate family you can trust and rely upon. Opening up to what you've shared to those who deserve it will be rewarding while terrifying way to increase that circle of trust.

1 person likes this.
  3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Of all the things to post on a public internet message boards, personally, I don't think this is one of them. If I were you I'd feel much more comfortable disclosing this info privately to like a therapist or shrink or something.

Not trying to be an ass, but even though you personally haven't done anything taboo (like commit incest) I would not feel comfortable having this kind of information documented out there.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I didn't even know that was seriously a thing. I'm sure that took a lot of courage to post. Kind of makes the niece thing look incredibly inappropriate and destructive though.

5. heypartner

Since the OP exists now, that's a mute point. ;)

6. heypartner

she's one of 10 nieces and is 23 and knows...the one redeeming thing is we are a transparent family. That's what my oldest sister taught us to end this.

interested in responses without more comment from me

#6 heypartner, Sep 6, 2014
  7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Glad you and she escaped. My mother went through a similar hell with her father. When her mother died, my grandfather tried to coerce my mom into sexual relations-- this after my mom had had three kids!

My mother battled alcoholism all her adult life-- which makes me think that her father had abused her as a young girl. She only had the courage to tell me about the later pressure he had put on her as an adult. She never saw her dad for the last 30 years of his life.

When I moved to NC at age 20, I expressed a natural interest in seeing my grandfather as I was readying to drive from TX to NC through LA where he lived. It had been a dozen years or so since I had seen him and no one talked of him. That is the point where my Mother told me what had happened between them following my grandmother's death. She encouraged me to see him, so I did.

It was kind of awkward. First words out of his mother were to protest his innocence. I quieted him and simply said I wanted to talk about other things on this visit. That turns out to be the only time I saw him before he died a few years later.

I fear that there are many more stories out there like yours than we would expect there to be.

#7 giddyup, Sep 6, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. heypartner

yep...I can guarantee that...most unwritten stories ever.

#8 heypartner, Sep 6, 2014
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I would have probably not shared this here if I were you, as you are not entirely anonymous to many on here and this is very personal. I saw the whole niece thread merely as a joke, apparently it is not. Just make sure not to repeat the mistakes of others, you are too good for that. Wish you all the best.

1 person likes this.
  10. heypartner

You say you saw the whole previous niece thread merely as a joke, and "apparently it is not."

it was!!! Not a Joke, though...just fun. All 12 of them are sweet hearts. Nothing to do with their generation.

But I still want to bump this thread,,,now that the "Coming Out" of incest has become mainstream. There are ad campaigns now.

Please let this thread be the focal point for further discussion on cfnet..as originally intended.

#10 heypartner, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't know what people can say in response to that. If you feel like you need to put it out there, and obviously you did, so be it and I hope it helps. You've changed my day.

1 person likes this.
  12. Remii

Remii Member

Well, your father is/was a rapist so that goes beyond just incest. It's some sick men out there so I don't know what can prevent that other than educating children to tell someone when it happens.

As far as your brothers and sisters... That doesn't seem like a Blue Lagoon situation, more like a monkey see monkey do situation. Maybe things would have been different if you guys were with your mother.

As far as your level of protection for your sisters and nieces... My Cracker Jack box psychology degree leads me to believe that's because you are guilty for leaving your little sister there with your father.

I didn't read your other thread about your nieces but if your brothers have any daughters my eyebrow would be raised.

1 person likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow,

So sorry HP.

I would have never shared that on a message board, but good luck to you.

DD

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't know what to say other than I'm glad you made it out.

15. heypartner

Guys, I wrote that OP like 8 months ago. I recharched it because of the recent commercials about violence to woman.

Let's make this thread the topic of that. Or start another one about it.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't understand why you would make that thread about your niece and continue to post in it etc. If your family had this history. I'm not implying you did anything wrong. But I question the psychology of that. Meaning if you came from a past like that and are 100% cognasant that it is wrong. I would be repulsed to have anyone question me like they were doing in that thread. I would take the advice of others and talk to a professional, perhaps include your sister if it is possible. Maybe they can help you understand how inappropriate that is. And also if you are posting this in a public forum you seem to have a need to not keep this bottled up.

Good luck

1 person likes this.
  17. heypartner

Nah, I'm fine. That's why I posted this. My family communicates well. We have just decided to go public, as a group.

I'm not looking for understanding so much as I am looking to help other people speak. The only way that can happen is if others (my family) share/speak first. Does that make sense?

Hence the commercial campaign on violence to women

cheers,

I'll stop now.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

if you say so. i dont think in any way whatsoever is it normal human behavior to do what i wrote in my last post. but sure, cheers.

19. heypartner

I don't think you can define "normal," what makes you think you can. And I'm not so sure I'm even following that you laid out the "normal behavior" law in your last post, that I apparently crossed. did you?

OK. let's do your game. Ask me a question and I will answer it,,,in this public forum about incest.

this is what I want. Ask me a question.

Don't shy away. Don't be scared of me. :p

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Since you insist on bumping this thread...

Did you bonk that niece?