1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shaud, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Most saw how great he played against the Lakers last night.

Against New Orleans tonight 16,6,5 and the game is still in the 2nd qt.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

When people ask, "What have you seen in Cousins exactly?" I mean he's 20 years old, he's huge, he's mobile... yeah he has an attitude problem, a real bad one, and that could hinder his growth and learning, but there's a ton of potential in that kid.

3. Rockets_4_life

Not only is he producing(19pts; 6 reb; 5 ast/1st half), he has the Kings up by 10 against the N.Orleans hornets, and his also doing it against one of the better defender in the league, Emeka Okafor...

Like I've said before, I believe this kid (if he keeps his head on straight) has the talent to be the best post player in the game with in the next two to three years! :cool:

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he can improve his fitness and attain mental maturity,he can become an all-star.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If Sacramento handles it correctly and Cousins can keep his attitude in check, it won't take long at all for him to become one of the best Centers in the West.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Sooo wish we could have pulled a deal for this kid during the draft.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tyreke Evans showing once again he is a dimwit. Beno was standing alone for about 4 seconds a few feet away while Chris Paul was stuck at the other end of the floor. What does Reke do? He struggles against a double-team instead of making a very easy pass.

8. k-money

k-money Member

the kings are picking it up leading by 6 with 30 sec. left and cousins is 3 assists from a trible double.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL at Cousins giving Jerry Reynolds a kiss because it was his birthday.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Cousins is going to be the best big man of the next era. I mean this kid could do it all, shoot, pass, rebound, block, defend. Whoa. with today's NBA, he could turn out better than Shaq.

The Kings got another top 5 pick this draft. Could be scary.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

WojYahooNBA

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Cousins has the potential to be one of the best bigs in the league. With his level of talent you take a chance on the attitude. Heck, TWill's attitude is just as bad and most people are ecstatic that he's here.

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Slow down...

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he needs a better coach than westphal.

if i was the coach, i run things through cousins primarily. it's his team now, not tyreke's

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

too far..

16. HTownRockets#34

yes, Cousins is the real deal. From what I've seen, he's a very underrated passer as well to go along with his ability to score from the post.

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

He should be the starting center for the West in the all-star game.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

talent-wise, he has it all for a big man: jump shot, post game, rebounding, passing, and tools to be good to great defensively.

it's up to him to continue to develop those skills. if he has his head on straight, expect 20/10+ next year, with an impact on the standings for the kings.

but i wouldn't be surprised if his impact comes in year 3. it all depends on his maturity.

19. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

That is a seriously ridiculous statement.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He's also shooting a pathetic 43% on a terrible team, he's not the second coming. Unless you mean the second coming of derrick coleman, cause that's about the most upside I see. You can't fix stupid and lazy. Shaq was 20 when he debuted, Dream was 21 they instantly were great. Even Dwight Howard at 18 had an instant impact on winning. The Kings are actually worse.

I don't mean to go after the dude, but a lot of the nutswingers on this board think he's the next big thing, and he hasn't done anything to really earn all of this adoration. At least i haven't seen anything to get excited about. He's the Lane Kiffin of the NBA.

1 person likes this.