1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why I honestly believe this season can be ours.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Primetime, Dec 7, 1999.

Tags:
  1. Primetime

Primetime Member

Simply put:

1. Dream has been there and still knows what it takes to win (I just hope someone can refresh his memory about it)

2. Chuck is still unguardable one on one. He will always command a double team or you'll end up paying.

3. Depth. Several players are showing that they are capable of filling in major minutes and playing well. Drew, Thomas, Mobley, Bull have all been playing well.

4. Variety. We can play in the halfcourt (which is how you win playoff games) because of our ever-present post threat. We can run now (thank you Vancouver). The shooting is getting better for our perimeter players as they get more PT. Funny how that works.

5. Young legs. Francis, Anderson, Cato... these guys make it fun to watch again.

6. Francis. Kid has game, attitude, and is as explosive a player as you can imagine. Nothing seems to phase him. Lets hope that can continue through the..playoffs? finals?

I may be getting ahead of myself, but I'm saying the groundwork is there. The team is getting better and better each game, so lets hope it all pans out in Chuck's final season.

------------------
    Look out, The Kid is about to blow up!