1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign Ryan Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Fitz is only a "game-manager" because that is all he is being asked to do. So far the team hasn't needed him to do much more. That's why he's loved it so much. When the game dictates, he'll throw more and will probably throw picks.

2. conquistador#11

agree. i guess i hate what the word 'game manager' has become over the years to the new generation of ea sports viewers. for example, when the true 'game manager' dilfer was lining up for the ravens, his passer rating was in the MID 70s and he wasn't lining up in spread formation.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Trent Dilfer is not a true game manager. He was bad at managing the game because he turned the ball over. When you are so bad that your coaches are terrified to let you throw the ball that doesn't make you a game manager. A game manager is someone who isn't asked to do much but they are expected to make the right decision with the football when called upon.

Dilfer was the first part of that equation but not the second one.

4. conquistador#11

that's why I added "true" to game manager. when they think of game managers that's who they think of, trent dilfer.
    I like Troy Aikman myself.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It'll be so annoying when Fitz has a bad game and everyone starts freaking out over it.