1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't go to college. Santorum is good enough for everything.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/27/obama-defends-college-remarks/

:confused::confused::confused:

I'm honestly bewildered this dialogue could ever took place. How ridiculously off-kilt has the modern GOP become?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

^^ and has a law degree.

I don't think I've ever been frightened more at the prospect of a particular candidate winning than I am with this guy. The damage he could do, especially should he have a completely republican Congress could set this country back decades...if not centuries.

4. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

So going to college is a "liberal" thing now?

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, I think it's fair to say that you only need a playground education to understand everything you need to know about Santorum.

6. Northside Storm

add it to the list of "liberal" things---burning in hell, having sex with multiple male and female partners, creating big brother dictatorships, watching anything non-Fox News, and going to college

we got all our bases covered now.

7. Northside Storm

o_0

i don't know what playgrounds you go to b-bob

...in fact, i don't think i want to know.

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Only in America...

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's not new. I get paid to play music at a conservative Southern Baptist church. For years the pastor has been urging parents to seen their kids to private Christian colleges and universities so as to not have them be indoctrinated by liberal university professors.

With the ways conservatives harp on "liberal indoctrination" you might think that college graduates are overwhelmingly liberal. But in reality, ideology amongst grads is split pretty evenly.

I once heard Romney call Obama a Harvard elitist and Romney has TWO degrees from Harvard.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everything is relative. When you are more conservative than 99% of the population, the entirety of that 99% to the left of you looks like a liberal pinko degenerate.

From my perspective, I've never heard of anybody being kicked out of a 'liberal indoctrination camp' for not being liberal enough - in college I was approached by bible thumpers regularly asking me yo their bible things. I have, however, known of people being kicked out of conservative bible colleges for not conforming to their conservative ideologies.

#10 Ottomaton, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't go to playgrounds now, but... League City was a tough place to grow up. Behad and others here can attest.

And I just meant the concepts relevant to Santorum. I never actually saw Santorum on a playground.

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Oh, I don't know...

There are several Middle Eastern and African nations that subjugate their women and keep the populous ignorant and uninformed through religion.

Seems Mr. Santorum has been taking inspiration from our international friends.

13. Northside Storm

god, one hopes not.

[​IMG]

think of the children!!!

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FIFY.

15. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I haven't heard anything about t lately, but I remember reading a story from several years ago about Santorium's wife having a miscarrage, and Santorium having a funeral for the gooey pile of aborted fetus, and Santorium forcing his children to kiss it. Creepy.

16. basso

Supporting Member

and recommended procedure for families who've experienced a late-term miscarriage.

17. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure making your pre-pubescent children kiss the dead fetus is not in the guidelines. Talk about lasting trauma...

18. basso

Supporting Member

i'm pretty sure you don't know whereof you speak.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

college isn't for everyone. just ask the guy (or millions) with no degree and massive loans.

20. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

"Upon their son's death, Rick and Karen Santorum opted not to bring his body to a funeral home. Instead, they bundled him in a blanket and drove him to Karen's parents' home in Pittsburgh. There, they spent several hours kissing and cuddling Gabriel with his three siblings, ages 6, 4 and 1 1/2. They took photos, sang lullabies in his ear and held a private Mass." :eek:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61804-2005Apr17.html