1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys, let it go....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTown5933, Jan 28, 2015.

1. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

As you can tell, I rarely post.

But, after tonight I had to put something down.

I know there are a ton McHale haters. I'm on record as not being thrilled at all with the hire - I preferred Dwayne Casey.

Is he a top coach? Probably not. X's and O's? Definitely not.

But, fellas... continuing to gripe and whine about him isn't accomplishing anything. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. I understand some just need to express frustration and get things off their chest. But, man... it gets old.

Try looking for the positives in what he brings.

While it was just one game, his X's and O's were VERY good tonight. Adjustments, rotations.... all very good. The play that got Josh a layup out of the timeout when Rondo was hanging all over James was excellent.

The way he managed Brewer (taking him out when he got a little three happy), Ariza, D-Mo, Josh, and T. Jones was outstanding tonight.

For this team to be 32-14....32-10 :)eek:) against everyone other than Golden St., with the injuries we've had and trying to mix in the additions such as Brewer and Smoove, says something.

Players respect him. They love to play for him. It is what it is. Chill with the bashing and negativity.

Let it go.

4 people like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ill chill as long as harden is not hurt ;)

3. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

The funny thing is a good portion of the mavs boards ive been reading want Rick fired. Im not saying Mchale is as good as Rick but it just goes to show you the psychology of fans.

4. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Did you see one mention...just one, of the out of bounds play at 1:10 that McHale ran for Josh?

Did you see one mention...just one of the substitution by McHale that enabled TJones to make a game preserving block on Monte with 10 sec. left?

5. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Exactly. Guy has been doing a good job.

He won me over a long time ago. What players say about a coach and the way they act and play for a coach tells me a ton.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Some people can't fathom being a fan without being a "winner." They can't understand how Philly can have any fans at all. It's all "win or get fired!" McHale has a great win %, but some "fans" have their noses so high in the air that they can't enjoy their own favorite team, because it is merely 4th or 3rd in the western conference. It's idiotic for their own sakes, not to enjoy their own favorite team, and it's annoying to other fans who actually do enjoy the team.

3 people like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thought this would be a thread about Chandler Parsons. ;)

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

In before Frozen gif

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Entered this thread fully expecting a thread about letting the Parsons hate go and to stop booing him.

I am not disappointed

10. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

.... Sincerely,

Le$$ly Alexanser :)

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

He had some brilliant out-of-timeout plays.

1 person likes this.
  12. PeppermintCandy

But it also makes no actual difference whether posters here cheer McHale. In fact, it's really not going to affect the Rockets management or McHale's tenure either way.

But I do agree all the griping does get old.

1 person likes this.
  13. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Exactly...enjoy the games. It's not life or death...

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Weren't people busy whinging that Jones shouldn't be in the game because Motie is a supreme defender?
    Thought it was a brave call by McHale - with the advantage of hindsight, the right one. We didn't need man on man defence, because they weren't going to run a play for Tyson Chandler - we needed a help defender. Good call.

15. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Yeah, there's every excuse to be hanging around the 7th or 8th seed.

The injuries, additions, in the West, etc.

Only real complaint I have is the Shved experimentation and lack of minutes for Canaan.

But, we have no clue what goes on in practice and behind the scenes. The coaches want to WIN. They're going to play whoever they feel gives them the best opportunity to win.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

He also made a good adjustment to play JSmith and TJones at the end of the game instead of Dmo.

In addition, putting Brewer/Ariza on Ellis at the end basically shut him out. Both good moves.

18. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Everyone's happy when we win...

19. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Nope.

Search my history.

Said these things about McHale before.

20. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member