1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rotoword] Luis Scola Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by killakim, Mar 16, 2011.

1. killakim

killakim Member

Also listed on Friedmans twitter

1 person likes this.
  2. killakim

killakim Member

3. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Hope he's ready to return Friday.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I just hope this injection isn't one of those cortisone shots....

They've been known to mask real problems.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

They reduce inflammation. It's a standard shot.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I've had them before. They also prove short-term pain relief and can provide a false sense of healing or normalcy in certain areas.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Honestly, I'd consider sitting him for the rest of the season. The dude is a warrior and for him to miss 1 let along 4 games due to this knee...is concerning to me. I really don't want him going out there on a shot and making it worse, causing major damage that might effect next season as well. As much as I want the Rockets to make the playoffs, rather see Scola healthy and ready to roll at 100%.

#7 rockets934life, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  8. houseofglass21

Yeah might as well sit him the rest of the season. We're not gonna make the playoffs if he's out for a few more games anyways as Scola is pretty much our best 4th quarter scoring option.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Had real bad allergies once and got a cortisone shot on my butt. Worked wonders.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Shut him down for the rest of the season. Gives Patrick extra burn and see if Jhill is coming around. It's not like we really have a good chance at making the playoffs anyways.

11. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

i agree....as much as i want to remain hopeful...the rockets will fall short of the playoffs since they dug themselves into a deep hole.....and i would much rather see patrick and jordan get the minutes

12. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

At this point, its too much of a risk to play him hurt and sacrifice everything on defense. Let him sit out indefinitely. If they are still in the playoff hunt with 7 games left on the schedule, then its time to re-evaluate Scola.

Patterson's defense>>> Scola's defense
    Scola's offense>> Patterson's offense

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

So does anyone know what is wrong with his knee? I'm surprised to see everyone ready to shut Scola down if we don't really know the severity of the injury. Players get hurt all the time, and come back after missing a few games. However, if bringing Scola back could result in possible permanent injury, then I'm all for him sitting. So do any of you guys know the severity of his injury?

15. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Well I'll second that thought. Sit him out for the season, swollen knees :(

He is in his 30's so that is a concern.

16. jogo

jogo Member

It doesn't matter if we want to sit him. If he's healthy enough to play then he'll play. Rick's not going to give up on the playoffs (yet).

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't want him to come back prematurely.

18. amaru

amaru Member

Sit him down. Our season has been over.

All we are doing now is messing up good draft position

19. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

Shortfuse, that's not the same thing; that is, they probably did give you cortisone for the allergies, but there's different concerns when there's suspected muscle damage.

If a person with muscle or other soft tissue damage gets a cortisone shot, it can (usually does) reduce swelling and inflammation to the affected area.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

Except that the swelling and inflammation reduction is only short term, and the damaged soft tissues meanwhile are still as damaged and haven't been repaired. The person receiving the injection will use that affected limb or area like they normally would, which only exacerbates the damage.

Not good when you're depending on that area to make a living (like Luis and his knee).

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Sit Scola. Don't risk his health. We can use him next year, don't let something small grow into something big.