1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry - a Rockets hero always!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 18, 2010.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfTos3znToY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfTos3znToY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[​IMG]
    :(

1 person likes this.
  2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kG4TrRpFhRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kG4TrRpFhRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Please don't let him be traded :(

3. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

:mad: ****in A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is why I always say don't get attached to players.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm gonna rank Landry with Sam Cassell for Rocket heroes who didn't play here for along time.

Thanks Carl,

you played hard and without fear for yourself or your teeth.

I don't care about that other dude, you are the only REAL ROCKET we are trading away.

1 person likes this.
  8. herro

herro Member

HATE to see Landry go.

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

can anyone tell me what hapend, he got traded for who??????????

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He is my favorite Rocket since Dream and Cassell.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

What? That's a bit much. Sure he had lots of heart, but no title(s) to be ranked that high.

I think he ranks somewhere around "World B. Free" where World B. had the name, Carl has the colorful history with the tooth episodes and all, etc.

12. worzel gummidge

Rockets lose Landry because of T-Mac.

I direct a M.F. of Epic Beard Guy proportions in McLady's general direction.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's disappointing and saddening to see Landry go.

However, Martin can be the prolific scorer we've been searching for. The guy was averaging 30 per game before the hand injury.

I have faith that Morey will find us another PF through free agency or the draft. Isn't the upcoming draft filled with bigs? Landry's offensive game is well-rounded and efficient, but his rebounding & defense isn't elite.

With that being said, dude was a beast at times and you have to appreciate/love his heart & work ethic.

14. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

The legend of Mandry will forever be told!

<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w7RjuwG6Esw&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w7RjuwG6Esw&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Remember when Carl was shot while trying to get some late night food cause he had the munchies?

The Whataburger is on us Carl. Next time.

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Indeed, one more reason to hate T-Mac. That piece of **** should have been traded last year. By blocking it, we potentially lose Landry. Unreal. I am going to sleep and hope when I wake up this was all a bluff to get Walsh to cave to our draft pick demands.

17. startah

startah Member

damn gonna miss this guys most of our wins this season came from him... i blame morey and adelman YES! you heard it right Adelman!!.. he could at least persuade Morey NOT to trade Landry. just give ARIZA, anderson, SCOLA.. but not CARL who play with a LOT of heart!!

I think THE ROCKETS MGMT.. JUST STAB CARL in the back... :mad:
    I WOULD NOT BE ALSO SURPRISED IF WE TRADED YAO ALSO NEXT SEASON!!

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Carl will always be a Rocket. He would not have been out of place battling the Knicks in 94. He is the epitome of hard work, focus, and humility.

I enjoyed his play and watching him grow as a Houston Rocket.

19. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I rejected this! Why we should package Landry along with Tracy McGrady to get some garbage back?

What's wrong with Daryl Morey?! I hate to see him go, without him, we're not a complete team as the Rockets, he's the REAL Rocket in my eyes! :(

God bless Carl, hope you will have a good tenure with the Kings and keep fighting hard on the court! You were and will always be a Rockets hero!

20. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Carl will always be a Rocket.

Come back to us in a year!