1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to sell high on Parsons!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Lihao

Lihao Member

i seriously don't understand why that fake move so efficient , it works all the time!! :grin:

2. BUAAXuHan

BUAAXuHan Member

Anything but the trade

It's not up to you,man.That's Daryl Morey's work,and I don't think he will do this.Chandler is the best lubricant in the team,big heart,high efficiency.And he must be willing to stay with Rockets.Don't forget his contribution in enrolling Dwight.

3. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

i have to admit i've heard the "glue" reference before but "lubricant"?

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I love parsons, but James or Lin need to slap the hell out of him and tell him to stop trying to drive the lane.

He is a good player but when he dribbles it in his turnover rate is ridiculous. Play off the ball!

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think you're posting on the wrong team's BBS.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

New sig!

7. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Players I'll trade for him

Lebron James
    Kevin Durant
    Paul George

THATS IT. We can't? Oh well

Lamarcus Aldridge- Morey can get him with just Asik and Brooks. Add another role player
    Kevin Love- No way Wolves trade him. We get him in free agent or not

8. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Erm why don't you recommend a realistic trade?....

9. Lihao

Lihao Member

pretty sure you do something when you're alone with Parsons photo

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Just wait for KD....

11. FearTheBeardJH

or this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cODME_c7CDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think he is a good player, but very overrated by this board.

13. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

We surrounded our glue guy with superstars....instead of surrounding our superstars with with glue guys :)

14. conquistador#11

see how silly this thread is. he will rise to 18pts a game eventually.

15. yunac010

yunac010 Member

That attempt at the very end of the first half last night was brutal to watch. Leave the driving to Harden and Lin, Parsons.

16. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Chandler is overrated by us. He's a good player for his contract, but daresay he will probably never be an all-star. I don't think we can "sell high" because I don't think his value around the league is as high as we think it is.

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You don't deserve to be a Rockets fan. Join LakersGround where fans base their thought process on first grade rationale.

18. torocan

torocan Member

I do think we conflate his relative value of his contract with his actual value as a player right now. If his salary were $8m or $12m I doubt we'd feel the same way about how good he is as a player. That's nothing against Parsons, it's just as fans people mix their good feeling about a bargain with general feelings.

It's like overpaying for a Ferrari vs buying a Honda for $0.10 on the dollar. Yes, the Honda was a way better bargain, but the Mercedes is still a better car.

That said, given how young our roster is (they're barely 25), I would be hesitant to say that any of our stronger players like Parsons, Lin, Asik, etc could *never* become all stars.

While some players storm into the league, some are late bloomers. Which ones stay as they are and which ones take it to the next level is something that only time will tell.

Could Parsons become an all-star? Possibly. Is it highly probable? Doubtful... but then very few players make that leap. Does it mean it can't happen? I'm not that good a fortune teller to say for sure.

What I do know is that being an all star takes talent, but more importantly takes work ethic and the right team fit. I think Parsons has the latter, the only question is whether the first part is enough to get him there.

19. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

IMO, I don't think Parsons is worth more than 8 mil a year. He's probably going to get more than that. The best trade for the Rockets would be Asik + Lin + Parsons + draft picks with a third team for Kevin Love. Crossing my fingers that the T-Wolves will start to suck so Love can complain his way to Houston. Love is a 'ing beast. I confident in Morey's ability to fill out the roster with high quality role players like he did for the past few years.

Harden + Howard + Love = multiple NBA Rings

20. BUAAXuHan

BUAAXuHan Member

All right,glue.Chandler can make our team work like a machine.