1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Howard destinations, Houston mentioned as facilitator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 13, 2012.

1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7569641/nba-how-orlando-magic-win-dwight-howard-trade

Same trade as before for Houston essentially. Not too big on giving up Parsons for a late 1st rounder and Barnes (I think Barnes is worthless, and Parson is already playing like a mid 1st rounder, so the value just isn't there).

Worth reading I guess. I personally think the Net's trade is a great offer for both sides.

Starting 5 of: Lopez, Hump, Anderson, RANDOM PLAYER, Brooks. Has potential to be good in the coming years.

2. Garner

Garner Member

Why did I just read that article in Chris Broussards voice?

1 person likes this.
  3. SeabrookMiglla

Pau doesnt want to be in houston ??

4. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

jesus what a useless, awful trade that would be for us. but at least morey would get a nice late 1st rounder.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Screw helping the Lakers... and i want no part of a contract that 2 years from now is gonna be paying a 33 yr old a THIRD of our total capspace....

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Horrible deal for the Rockets. No way I do this deal ..... Makes the Lakers better and sheds salary for them.

8. cod

cod Member

It's not even a rumor. This Austin Link guy is writing about multiple fantasy trade scenarios like Sam Smith used to do.

9. Apps

Apps Member

Oh yay! And we would get Matt Barnes too!!! :):):)

SHOOT ME NOW.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Writers are so lazy when they write this stuff. We only wanted the Gasol trade because it meant we were getting Nene. Unless, there is a max guy available next year that we want, we do not want Gasol.

11. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Always the bridesmaid and never the bride....

2 people like this.
  12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Who in the world said this, other than the voices in your head? Adrian Wojnarowski, who is as well-connected a reporter as you'll ever find, said just last week that the Rockets are still after him. As they should be. A deal with Martin/Scola as the centerpieces that gets you Gasol will upgrade the talent of the Rockets, and it isn't debatable.

That said, I agree that adding Parsons to the mix makes you think, and that's a part where the writer is just throwing stuff at the wall. But it's certainly not lazy journalism to think the Rockets would be interested in Gasol with Martin/Scola as the primary pieces. That's common sense, because they are and will be.

1 person likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Brusaurd at it again.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Houston - The world's leading facilitator team.

1 person likes this.
  15. rawool

rawool Member

Can someone explain to me the purpose of such articles? It's not like GMs read these and are like "He's right. I am going to do this trade."

16. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

That guy should have just written his article in the Random Trade Proposal thread.

2 people like this.
  17. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

It's easy... People need website hits, and stuff like this get's readers & visitors to the sites. There is some a possibility - you'll learn that in physics (anything is possible). Already Solomon on the Chronicle has started to talk up the Pau Gasol trade again.

But, is Gasol really the viable option? After all, he is in his mid 30's.

18. The Cat

Because they generate discussion (see this thread) and get hits to the link. :) You're absolutely right in that the article has no more merit than a trade suggestion from one of us here. But rumors - even make-believe ones - get a lot of traffic. Sad but true.

19. The Cat

Huh? He's 31.

20. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

He has to be on stern's payroll. there's no other way to explain his stupidity