1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Harden will go off on both ends of the court in the Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Apr 19, 2014.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/63TDVWnZ5K8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He doesn't care in the regular season because he don't have to. This is what happens when he do.

2. BonziWellsGOAT

I tend to think he will also. Even though he does need to give some consistent effort in the reg season. The only thing that worries me is that his offensive burden is much greater than it was in OKC so that detracts a bit from his defense.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden will step it up and have a great playoff.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

He will secksy time explosion in the playoffs on both ends!

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If we bring him off the bench.

6. ipa

ipa Member

I think his good defense was due to the postups from Kobe. We all know Harden defends well in the post. Kobe uses that a lot on guards, as it usually works against small guys.

7. clutz

clutz Member

If you took out "of the court" it would be a good Carl Herrera thread title.

8. sutton

sutton Member

postup defense actually is one thing we have faith in Harden, you can't draft on postup, are you?

9. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Harden won`t be a "good" defender in the playoffs. But I believe he will be vastly improved to the way he played in the regular season. Actually he had a couple of weeks in between when he played decent defense.

His defensive deficiencies are for a large part because he lacks effort. In the playoffs, his effort will be there, for at least as long as he has energy. He will still get caught in screens and he will still go for the steal with his arms instead of moving his feet to stay infront of his opponent. But he will try and he will be decent.

And donĀ“t forget: he doesn`t have to defend a Kobe. Lillard will be defendes by Beverly, Harden will probably get Matthews. He should do fine. I am much more worried about our defense against LMA...

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

did i just watch harden in his okc days check kobe?
    [​IMG]

11. Franchize

Franchize Member

This was when he was a Sixth man though. He has more energy to put on defense since he's not the only one running the show (KD, Westbrook)

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Harden is a very good post defender. He showed that this year too when McHale had Harden guard the 4 position in our small ball lineups.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden still has a swollen ankle and Dwight don't seem even close to 100 percent. Not looking good :(

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Immovable or refusing to move? ;)

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We have rested our starters PLENTY when it appeared that further wear and tear might have worse longer term implications. If we did not rest them in the last two weeks the way we did Beverley and Howard, then it must not have been too serious. I trust the Rockets medical staff. On top of that, we will not allow injuries to serve as an excuse this year.

16. AFS

AFS Member

That's what I was thinking as well. None of those plays really showed Harden using lateral movement to guard Kobe.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He stepped up his D in the playoffs last year too. He most deff will this year

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If Harden and Parsons play good D, then it will be an easy series!

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not on the "we can't win until Harden plays great D" train but this thread is weak. A few plays from several years ago as your evidence? Wow.

20. kastuul

kastuul Member

No big deal.
    Kobe is too old.
    Lin and Parsons both had great post defense moment on Kobe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ppNFQ-lF95g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pAV-p_n49-o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.