1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we gonna pretend Harden still doesn't have a bum ankle?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Apr 18, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Just wanted to remind everyone, Harden is still dealing with that bad ankle he's had for most of the season. The team is downplaying as nothing major, which may be true for now, but there's obviously still an underlying issue that's irritating it. As the season continues, and the intensity is taken up a notch, he's going to push it more than he's had to this season...

The downside to this, of course, is it can turn into a bigger issue. However, for people still complaining about his conditioning or play, he may have room for improvement, once it's 100% (I wouldn't expect that until next season).

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...e-in-houston-harden-to-sit-out-season-finale/

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He has rolled that ankle several times in consecutive seasons now.

It's about time he started wearing high tops.

3. clutz

clutz Member

James Harden about to show the world he's on Grant Hill's level.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

By the end of the season, I suspect most NBA players have sore ankles. I'm not concerned.

5. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Yeah, about time he starts working on damaging those knees as well!

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

I know it. His playstyle puts a lot of pressure on those ankles and he has missed some games because of it. Another reason why I'm on the "get a 3rd star" bandwagon because if this season's any indication, no one on the team can take the load off Harden's back. And no role player available for the MLE will do that either.

7. jocar

jocar Member

He got worn out because we are as deep as a puddle

1 person likes this.
  8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden plays casual to competitive soccer on the side. He skate boarded a bit when he was younger. Mid to high tops stress the knees and makes the Eurostep much more difficult to execute.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Because the best way to recover from ankle injury is to leave the ankle vulnerable.

10. basketballholic

What about Howard's ankle? I'm more concerned with that one frankly. Since it is more recent and is obvious Howard is favoring it.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Euro Step is not good on your ankles...nor the opponents :)

12. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Please stop with using injuries or being tired as an excuse for everything. I've seen it all season as an explanation for everything. At some point you just gotta take responsibility.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think most teams are dealing with nagging injuries to key players right now. I'm optmistic that it won't become an issue since it has not been to this point.

Here's to Harden going for 30/5/5 this series and the Rockets finishing the Blazers in five.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

1. This thread isn't about using fatigue as an excuse.

2. It's not even really about excusing his poor defensive effort either. I was just trying to put a positive spin on this with that comment, so the topic didn't come off as pessimism. The main point was to remind people it never healed and could be an issue, if it flares up. It's just something to keep an eye on. I'd be willing to bet most fans thought he was past this, but it's still there. I think we can all agree we can't afford to rest Harden in the playoffs.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm more concerned about his long-term health. If he has ankle problems now when he's young, I'm afraid he'll have a ton of injuries in the future.

16. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yes, but the point he is making is that when you limit mobility on the ankle the next joint is the knee and when you tape up the ankle to the point it can't snap, the knee is the first thing to go.

17. yummyhawtsauce

1) it may explain slightly his defensive problems
    2) high tops will not help that much I don't think, he may need a special shoe
    3) at this point as other posters said, many are dealing with injuries or what not.

Keep in mind, Bev only just returned from tear, and Howard with his ankle, and Lin with possible back spasm or something.

I'm sure other teams have things going on like this too. In the playoffs it's where players give it their all...

18. yummyhawtsauce

Oh yeah, harden could also lose some weight too, it might help. I think this year he looks a little leaner already than last year

19. conquistador#11

bum ankle? No rest for you! play 47:58seconds!

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

No one cares about Harden's "injury" or how clutch he is. Only his defense matters.