1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

TT?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2014.
  1. Yassssssss

165 vote(s)
    83.8%
  2. Naaw

32 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

[youtube]nurmbexiniA[/youtube]

I say UNLEASH THE TWIN TOWERS!!!!!!!!

2. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Agreed. Start Jones off course, have him run Aldrige around then bring in Asik and shut him out.

I think it is more important we stop Matthews, Lillard, Batum and Williams from hitting too many threes.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

go for it, I think Mchale will show he can make adjustments!

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Poll should be:

Yeeeuuhhhhh

Naawwww

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Start up TT again?

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden killed that chance. He thought he didn't have to play defense, that Asik and Dwight would erase his failures.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Twin Towers are our best chance at winning vs. Portland and Clippers imo, definitely hope they will get some playing time together. Asik slowing down LMA and Griffin could be huge.

8. mesta

mesta Member

I have just watched marque match up 26/2/2014 rockets vs clippers. In fourth quarter Griffin had asik on him. Griffin only attempted 2 fg, one drive to the rim that resulted in a made contested standing lay up, another was a missed post up.
    Many feared that a quick pf would just blow by asik, that was not the case because griffin didnt even try it, everytime he got the ball, he quickly passed it back.
    One added benefit of having asik on lma is that tjones will spend his time on the court against trob or whoever play back up 4 for blazers

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not only is asik very effective on LMA, but going with this strategy will also boost his trade value this summer

10. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Glad Most of you agree,while Jones is a solid PF,he just cannot handle guys like LMA,Duncan/Splitter,Griffin and Ibaka,that is why we Need to put Asik on These guys
    Even though Omer is Bad on offense,he can still Set some Monster picks and grab offensive rebounds,he is also a good passer
    That is why I think Asik needs to Play at least 25 Minutes.

11. dragician

dragician Member

If you let DHo guard LMA he'll be in foul trouble right away..

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

It seems like Dwight would be able to guard LMA better than Asik, especially when LMA moves away from the basket. Is Asik a smarter defensive player than Dwight?

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I trust Asik more than Howard when it comes to getting out of the paint to defend someone, he did a pretty good job on LMA during the TT experiment.

14. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Twin Towers is effective against Portland. I'm guessing Mchale at some point in the series will have Asik and Howard play some minutes together.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

I will say yes. If Asik could slow down LMA by forcing him to take 15 foot fadeaway like that, his offensive limitation on the other end would not be that critical.

16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

dont know how well powell is defensively, but that could be an option for LMA.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

See what happens. Ideally, you don't want Howard and Asik out there at the same time; but obviously, if Jones and D-Mo are getting killed we'll have to make adjustments.

Bottom line: Aldridge is going to "get his". You have to be okay with that. What you shouldn't be okay with is if Jones or D-Mo are taking plays off, not getting to loose balls, giving up second chance looks/rebounds -AND- getting killed.

18. mario_v

mario_v Member

I'm not a believer in TT but I wouldn't mind seeing it for a couple of stretches in the game. However, the only way TT will work is if asik can hit that 15 ft midrange jumper. I really think asik is capable of hitting that shot.

Otherwise, Portland will just clog the paint.

19. DocRock

DocRock Member

Yes. Dwight is a fish out of water outside the paint. Asik should be coming out on PnRs and Dwight should be roaming the paint and challenging at the rim.

If a team has a ridiculously mobile 4, (Blake, Melo, Lebron) then I'd rotate Parsons, Casspi, Harden & D-Mo, in short bursts and see who does the best job that night. But we really need to address the PF/SF spot this offseason. :eek:

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The thread title made me think that Asik said something about LMA, but then I remember Asik never says anything.