1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[gif] Blake Griffin throws drink on GSW fan after fouling out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IzakDavid13, Apr 19, 2014.

?

Was it intentional?

1. Yes

226 vote(s)
    85.3%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. yummyhawtsauce

LMAO that was griffin's most accurate shot of the night

2. Franchize

Franchize Member

He will get suspended

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

He should, but I really don't think it will happen.

4. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Throw the book at him, suspend him for the rest of the playoffs.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he was looking up at the jumbotron and reacting to his 6th foul. Seemed like he was genuinely throwing up his hands in the air when he saw the replay.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Griffin knew what he was doing. There is no way he is dumb enough to forget throwing your hands up with contents in your drink would lead to spillage.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

If it was truly an accident, the water would've likely gone more straight up in the air. As previously mentioned by another poster, you can clearly see that he tips the cup backwards to splash the fan.

8. clippy

clippy Member

You guys are a bunch of nancies, wanting to suspend a guy for tossing a paper cup of water.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I understand your bias (I would probably feel the same way if LeBron was dumb enough to do that), but let's be honest... you can't just dump a cup of water on a fan.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

its intentional - you can clearly see there was a motion to tip the cup back - it wasnt one smooth motion around - Griffin was trying to be slick but wasnt

Personally I do believe this warrants a suspension of 1 game - anytime a player goes after a fan the league should take action. If a fan is heckling - you know that sucks but they are professional paid athletes and that comes with the territory.

Was Griffin mad that there were warriors fans courtside and could be heard easily? Sure - but blame the owners of those seats that sold them to warriors fans (at a profit I am sure)

What I am guessing the league will do - and it will be a cop out of course - is that they'll suspend Griffin for 1-2 games but the suspension will be for next seasons first two regular season games. Personally I would find that weak as it happened during a playoff game with maximum national exposure - if you were going to suspend him for the act - it should be for a playoff game.

the league has suspended players for far less (coming onto the court during an altercation - even they werent even near the alteraction) in the playoffs - if it becomes a big enough story then I can see Griffin suspended.

Best way to get him suspended though? Have the fan file a suit ASAP and bring it to the spotlight

11. Oracle

Oracle Member

He was watching the monitor screen to aim. That was intentional, no doubt. This kind of players should not win the title (and they probably will not). Poor mental preparation for the playoffs by Doc.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

btw I can't believe we're on page 5 and nobody's made a 'Splash Brother' joke yet... I got nothin

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I want to watch BG play. I don't care if he went and best up that dude.

14. itony

itony Member

I thought the most obvious part was the fact that he didn't even look at the cup...not surprised he spilled it or get a drink from it like what a cup of water is for

and then he just throws his cup away...at the "victim"

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The guy must have purchased a Ford.

16. clippy

clippy Member

Bias? I don't give an F that it's Griffin. It's ****ing water! Who cares? Calling for suspensions? It was epic trolling and HILARIOUS. Opposing fans know they are in for **** sitting courtside, serves him right.

17. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

He tosses the empty cup at him afterwards as well for good measure... what an a**hole...

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

For those that think it was an accident. You guys are blind in my opinion. If it was an accident and he spilled something and there were only clipper fans most people would react by looking back and knowing they ****ed up on accident. Instead he basically ignores it and goes one step further by throwing the cup in his direction.

If there is a line drawn for fans there should be for players as well. As others have mentioned, what if the fan decided to throw something back or go after BG.

To people who say fans of other teams sitting that close are douches or stupid; that makes no sense. I live in LA and I have only a few times a year I can see my rockets. I tend to get tickets very close and gave been second row a couple times. I'm not sitting there heckling anyone, I'm cheering my team on. You can't lump everyone together.

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

So where do you draw the line? So players can basically do what they want? If a fan can't throw anything on a player by "accident", then what right does a player have to do that.

I didn't know there was a waiver on the back if the ticket that states players can throw stuff on you if you are an opposing fans. Give it up.

1 person likes this.
  20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Well next time you are on the street I hope someone pours water on you on purpose, because I'm sure you will laugh it off and say "it's ****ing water, I totally got trolled, serves me right for walking on the street in the public."

1 person likes this.