1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Playoffs: Oklahoma City Thunder(2) vs Memphis Grizzlies(7)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Orange, Apr 16, 2014.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2014.
  1. Oklahoma City in 4(sweep)

13 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Oklahoma City in 5

31 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Oklahoma City in 6

51 vote(s)
    32.9%
  4. Oklahoma City in 7

22 vote(s)
    14.2%
  5. Memphis in 4(sweep)

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Memphis in 5

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. Memphis in 6

24 vote(s)
    15.5%
  8. Memphis in 7

12 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

But we lack a wing defender. How will we slow down Durant?

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

IDK why everyone is saying Memphis might win this. Thunder are probably going to sweep them. The Grizz suck this season.

6. clippy

clippy Member

IIRC Grizz were one of the better 2nd half teams (they were under .500 earlier) and beat some very good teams on the way. They'll win at least two I think

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Um...who is saying Memphis will win this?

Though I do feel bad that they had a comeback, but then OKC got their second wind.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Westbrook clearly trying to pad his stats in garbage time.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Durant got like 3 inches on Perkins.....

10. clippy

clippy Member

If you want to post a stat, differential doesn't make sense cuz that depends on defense too, so you could just post FTA. But that doesn't really address anything. IMO, both OKC and HOU get an inordinate number of FTA for being teams that don't really have an interior offensive presence, where most FTs are drawn. But mostly it's that they get calls that are especially painful to watch, where they flail and initiate contact. CP3 gets a few of these per game too with the stupid rip-through, but the refs decided not to call that today.

11. Mr. Space City

i would say an aggressive slasher like harden and a center like dwight howard is an inside presence but whatever....

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

well Howard does get intentionally fouled at least 5 times a game. also Rockets led the league or were 2nd in points in the paint.

13. clippy

clippy Member

I'm not really talking about the numbers. I'm talking about Harden and his annoying as **** style of barreling into the lane and throwing his arms around to get the call.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I see

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's really easy to stop Harden from driving in the paint....stay in front of him. It's no different than Wade/Lebron...Just stay in front of him.

He's not doing anything dastardly...he merely can just get into the paint any time he wants to. Which all premier wing/perimiter players can unless they are knockdown three point shooters like Curry.

16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

He puts his arms under the defender's and finishes. Thats how you want slashers to play.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

You have Chris Paul, Blake griffin, and Jamal Crawford. They are terrible offensive floppers. How can you continue to appreciate that team and then condemn the rockets? Chris Paul in particular flails his arms and jerks his head as he's dribbling up the court. You can't support that guy and condemn flopping IMO. It would be terribly inconsistent.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IMO, Blake has grown up quite a bit this year. I respect him a lot more as a player. On the other hand, as talented as they are, CP3 and Crawford still often play the refs more than the opponent.

19. clippy

clippy Member

Griffin really doesn't flop much these days and I think Crawford only flops on threes. I will grant you that CPs rip through move is a travesty and i was happy to see the refs not fall for it. Still, the number of points rewarded through all of their antics combined is less than what Harden draws in a game through his swipe through flails to the rim. You guys don't count it because its a legal move but I'm just saying i find it cheap and not really basketball, just like the rip move.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

OKC vs Mavs would've been way more interesting...
    also really wish the Suns made it the playoffs..
    Grizzlies you suck.