1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where does the Rockets' bark rank in the league?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 31, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We know their bite is at the bottom right now, but as far as how much **** they talk, where do they rank?

I was going to say that they do it too much, but i imagine there's a lot of quotes I don't see or read from other teams throughout the season. It does seem like we like to talk against the Warriors before we play them and then they destroy us. Then, the Warriors are like, "yeah we heard them and used it as motivation."

So, is that just the NBA or are the Rockets ingesting something that leaves them with diarrhea of the mouth? Is that why everyone hates our team?

http://espn.go.com/blog/golden-state-warriors/post/_/id/769/warriors-humble-rockets-in-houston

2. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

we owned this team when marc jackson was coaching them... they have to know mchale sucks as a coach

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I really hate how they talk.

Did Hakeem say anything when DRob got the MVP?

No, he just kicked his ass.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I may be alone but I don't think the Rockets talk that much stuff.

I can remember maybe 3 times in the post Mcgrady/Yao era that the Rockets players have talked ****.
    1. Chandler Parsons declares himself the best SF in the Portland playoff series
    2. Dwight says LA's historic drubbing of the Rockets (game 1 of the series) wasn't that special
    3. Harden says the Warriors are not that good during a huddle.

The rest of the stuff in the media have been hyped opinions. I don't know what they have said that have been so bad to warrant a trash talker label.

One thing is for sure: The Rockets crap the bed every time they say something about their opponent.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe the rockets haven't noticed they changed coaches? :confused::p

Well, we know he did, but he kept it inside the locker room.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Did they say something about the clippers early in the series? I can't remember if they did or not...

It's not just off the court stuff though...in games they tend to pick awkward times to celebrate sometimes. Then, you see the momentum shift because the other team felt disrespected. It's not very good self-awareness on their part. Last night, for example, Harden screamed early in the game, with them down 1. Up to that point, it had been close, but GS was scoring a lot easier. I get James wants to show emotion and maybe he thinks that's being a leader, but at that moment you're only waking up the other team and shifting the momentum.

And the times they do something well and kind of take it in, only to give up an off rebound or open shot. Very irritating. Play until the whistle sounds.

So, maybe they're not one of the biggest talkers in the league, but are up there, when it comes to poor timing?

#6 RV6, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  7. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

As long as you back it up.

I know when I'm playing bball and someone is chirping there's not a worse feeling in the world than not being able to shut them up with your play. You start thinking about other crap and your emotions get in the way of focusing on playing the game the right way. All you want to do is make irrational decisions to get under their skin as much as they are under yours.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rocket didn't say anything before the Clipper series.

I don't consider screaming after a good play or dunk trash talk; Rockets aren't even directing screams toward their opponents. I personally love the emotion, they just can't sustain it, especially Harden. Players like Montrezl, Brewer, and Beverley can sustain that kind of energy. After that initial rush of emotion only to come out flat for the next 3 quarters makes that **** look fake as hell. It makes it look like all that screaming is an intimidation tactic instead of a way to fire up the team. That's annoying.

Now, I agree Rockets stay things in the media that don't need to be said, but it isn't trash talk IMO.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

To keep whining about not winning MVP, more deserving than Curry, Ty Lawson disrespecting Curry gives them at least some motivation. With regards to other teams, I cannot remember.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe it's not what is traditionally known as trash talk, but i think it has the same effect. Opponents see it as disrespect and feed off of it. Sometimes you can use it in your favor, but that's when recognizing the momentum and emotions of a game come into play. It doesn't seem like the Rockets recognize those things very well, at least not as much as a contender should.

I agree about it looking fake. It's hard to tell sometimes, if it's just personal awkwardness or being fake.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Clippers are worse since it comes from their coach. The wiz talk too much for what they have achieved.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Forgot the craptors. They def bark a lot.

13. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

They own the rockets with Luke Walton coaching

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I swear they get themselves so amped up before big games that they are emotionally burnt out by half time. Then, when the other team comes out in the second half clearly irritated by the Rockets' attitudes and ready to play the Rockets are spent and have that "oh well, we'll get them next time" look on their faces and lose by twenty.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mario Chalmers, like most of the human population, wants to punch Patrick Beverley in his teeth right now.</p>&mdash; Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/660984802045255681">November 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Want and will are 2 different things. Goodnight. <a href="https://t.co/IcRMhCLQ0k">https://t.co/IcRMhCLQ0k</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/661089225857593344">November 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Celtics sparked by 'sign of disrespect' by Rockets

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Welp...

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Bark is a certified beast.

Bev alone can personify an entire team.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Already waiting on GS's post game comments, stating how Terry's guarantee motivated them tonight...

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]