1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The NBA fined Golden State's Steph Curry $5,000 for flopping in Game 1 of the Western Conference Fin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Camarograna2, May 20, 2015.

1. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NBA fined Golden State's Steph Curry $5,000 for flopping in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/601063445937676288">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I take it that this was n the three pointer where he was shot by a sniper.

And they go on and on about Harden flopping. How many times has harden been fined?

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

I wonder which play this was?

But they didn't fine Draymond Green? It seemed like he flopped more than Steph Curry did.

4. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Play in the 4th where Curry hit the 3 and made it looked Jones killed him when the replay showed Jones was jumping away to avoid contact and Curry just flopped and fell

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Harden is such a dirty flopper.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm more concerned with how many pushoffs he gets away with in order to get himself open. I thought Harden did that a lot, but Curry is constantly shoving his defender.

8. Granville

Granville Member

It had to be where that acorn head looking fool dove straight to the floor after he shot that 3.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Yeah, he shoved Pablo on to the Warriors bench to get free on 1 play.

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Flopping fines in the playoffs are meaningless moral victories for the opposing team.

11. Granville

Granville Member

I don't know how Green didn't get called for a foul on the play where he and Ariza got tangled up. He knocked Ariza down and held him, meanwhile Curry hit a 3.

12. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Basketball reasons....

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Green should have been T'd up for his NBA equivalent Chop Block. That could have easily hyper extended Ariza's knees and caused him to miss the rest of the playoffs if not worse (career altering/ending).

But it is the WCF, the refs seem to be letting us play somewhat (although it is very inconsistent). We just gotta push them back tomorrow night.

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

I guess he'll feel disrespected and offended by this as well. He's a little punk, he needs to have a reason to to flop, needs a really good playoff foul.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In this case, I'm viewing the "fine" (chump change for "pretty boy") as an admission of a blown call by the officials at a critical time in the freakin' WC Finals opening game. So why don't they just admit that the refs ****ed up, big time? Golly, I guess that would be an admission that they seemingly can't find refs who can do a good job in one of the 2 remaining playoff series leading "only" to the NBA Finals.

God, I get tired of this beyond tiresome game the league plays that has nothing to do with how the game should be played... on a level playing field, where both teams get fouls called evenly to the best of the official's ability. That's not happening, due to incompetent officials, to be charitable. Someone tell me why the NBA powers that be can't come up with a crew at this level, the highest level, that can do a good job. Surely, out of dozens of refs, they can come up with 3 per game that can do a better job than what we saw last night, and in innumerable games before that.

A fine for this? That's the result of the god-awful performance I witnessed from last night's officials? I wish I could laugh.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

1 game suspension.

17. HookemHorns1250

I'm more concerned about the fifty million illegal screens set by Bogut last game. If he gets away with that, we're done. There's no way to defend that.

18. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

He actually did that twice .. First time was in the first half

19. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

the endgame makes it all worthwhile. 5K is chump change for NBA players.. think most would trade that for a WCF win.

20. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Increasing the fines and imposing suspensions is the only way to get rid of this. Not suggesting a suspension in the playoffs, but next season