1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by body slam, Apr 17, 2012.

1. body slam

body slam Member

One of the evening talk shows this weekend mentioned his name wanting to know if the future FA would be a good fit for the Rockets. He's shown that he can be pretty good on the court and immature off the court. One of the host made a case if you could keep a vet like Camby around to keep Beasley in check he could turn out to be a good investemnt.

thoughts.....

2. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

tweener? pass.

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Beasley isn't taking anyone anywhere. Let's focus on shooting the moon and finally landing a real star.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Adelman can tolerate him, why not? We all know Rick doesn't play.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He is a gifted offensive tweener with a drug problem. I have no problem with him being a tweener because he has the potential to be a better defender than Scola and the best go to player on our team. I would take him for cheap if I thought for one second he had his act together. The problem is nothing makes me think he does.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

A black hole. He'd be SF version Kevin Martin WITHOUT the efficiency. Might as well work Marcus Morris into the lineup if you're counting on Beasley's type game. (Though he's actually rebounding the same as "power" forward Pat Patterson)

The Lakers actually took JORDAN HILL instead of taking Beasley (for salary cap reasons). It both speaks about how messed up the Lakers FO has become dumping Odom and Fisher for NOTHING, AND indicates lack of trust in Beasley for a team that NEEDS youth and has offensive juggernauts Metta World Peace, Matt Barnes and Josh McRoberts as its small forwards.

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I don't want Beasley, but the Lakers definitely did. They had a deal all lined up for him until the T-Wolves backed out at the last minute:

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

there was a recent interview with JVG i think who was talking about the possibility of the rockets pursuing beasley. he was saying that isn't a direction the rockets are likely to go.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It was Feigen and he said it more as an opinion. I doubt he knows what the Rockets will do this summer. He also talked about Martin saying he would be surprised if Martin was on the team by the end of next season. WOW! That's some really secret deep inside info! He is mostly worthless for future Rocket info. The only he does a little is give up some info after the fact. He is an inside guy who only leaks what the Rockets want him to leak.

As far as Beasley, he has more than enough talent but to messed up in the head to help.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He was so high, he thought it was his knee!:)

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wasn't Camby caught with drugs too?

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You're right. I read some bad info or didnt pay attention to the date. They actually rejected a Beasley offer a couple weeks before the deadline.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Camby smokes pot. He always has. I really don't think there is a problem with anyone smoking weed. Just my opinion though ;)

16. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Lol...he had to be joking right? They would be twittering pictures of themselves squaring one up while rolling down Fannin with the sun visor still on the windsheild.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

[​IMG]

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lmao!! Beasely and Camby would have the rockets locker room blitzed

19. juiceman54

juiceman54 Member

I am down for signing Beasley for the right price- just as long as he doesn't mind coming off and the bench and we don't have to give up a first round pick. Yes, we're all looking at you Terrence.

20. Mariachi ROCKET

Sign him! No one on our team could guard him, plus Marcus will show him where to buy chronic in the H.

Isnt his rehab center in Houston???

Get er done MorrrrraaayyYyyyy!