1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[bulls.com]BULLS AND ROCKETS A 'DREAM' SERIES

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 24, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch,
    It's been confirmed by the official Bulls website as fact.
    Don't need to google it. we always knew.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/durant-and-duncan-historical-tie

BULLS AND ROCKETS A 'DREAM' SERIES

It’s a view of many that the Bulls could have won eight straight titles if Michael Jordan hadn’t retired in 1993. Not Vernon Maxwell, and it would have been interesting to watch. The Rockets had a 20th anniversary title celebration last week, titles some said had asterisks because Jordan wasn’t playing. But in that era, no team played the Bulls tougher. The Rockets swept the Bulls in the Bulls’ 1991 and 1993 title seasons (Jordan played in all the games) and split with them in 1991-92. In Jordan’s nine seasons through 1992-93, the Bulls were 1-8 in Houston and 6-12 overall against the Rockets, Jordan’s poorest record against any NBA opponent. One reason was the erratic Maxwell, who played Jordan like no one else, often screaming in his face and challenging him to fights. At last week’s reunion, Maxwell told the Houston Chronicle he longed for a playoff with the Bulls: “I wanted to fight him. Michael Jordan saying we wouldn’t have won the championships the time he was out and tried to play baseball. I say just Google the times we played them. They couldn’t beat us. Like we couldn’t beat Seattle. If we could’ve beat Seattle, we’d have got a championship against Chicago because they couldn’t match up against us. I wish I could have got in a seven-game series. That would have been a dream to me. I loved playing against Michael. People back in my era didn’t want to play against Mike. He used to talk to me all the time during games. ‘Max, this is what the media wants to see. Let’s not do this. You don’t have to do this. Why you doing this?’ I know I got under his skin.”

#1 tinman, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iKuCjlcYcVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

#2 tinman, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

The 1994 and 1995 seasons will forever belong to the Houston Rockets and Clutch City.

4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Hate to put a dampener on your thread tinman but sometimes regular season games don't mean much. E.g. Spurs owned us 5-1 in '95, only for us to take all 4 road games in the WCF on the way to the championship...

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Leave

3 people like this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

vernon maxwell sure does love him some vernon maxwell.

7. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

20 VISION! HOMBRE! How OLD that makes me feel. Thanks for the feels, Tinman. Always appreciated!

We had such an incredible team. I really hope we can do it again..

8. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

A true fan wouldn't be visiting another team's website.

9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

This is weird me and my cousin were just talking about this. He is a bulls fan I told him if it happens id take him to a game in Houston.

10. the shark

the shark Member

why does everyone forget that Jordan DID play in the '94-95 season?

He came out of retirement and played the last 17 games of the season if I'm not mistaken. He averaged over 29 pts a gm. In the playoffs they got beat by Orlando in the 2nd rd (he averaged 31 pts a gm). We SWEPT Orlando!!!

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I still cant stand it when people say that the 94-95 championships have astericks cuz Jordan retired. Can the same arguement be made for the Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Mavs, Celtics, and Pistons? If people want to give the Rockets Championships astericks, they should give astericks to all of the teams that won the championship after 1999 as well seeing how they all won after Jordan retired.

12. htownballa1622

It doesn't fit the narrative that he was unbeatable for 8 years besides two years he played baseball(although he was clearly back during rox second run)

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I wish they couldn't played so we didn't have to deal with this stuff. I guess people choose to forget that MJ came back DURING the 95 season. And failed to get to the finals, lost to the team we swept!

14. MONON

MONON Member

That "hanging on the rim" dunk by Horry was amazing! :eek::grin: Thanks for the vids.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This has been argued to death. It's not as simple as insert Jordan and the Bulls win titles. That team needed a rehaul to even come out of the east again and that's what happened after he retired.

The regular season record against the Bulls doesn't mean anything but the Bulls were also never an obstacle to the rockets winning a championship. You could make just as much an argument that if it wasn't for Seattle Jordan wouldn't have 6 rings. Of course that would be about as inaccurate as the 8 rings in a row theory.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"Google it."

- Vernon Maxwell

17. tinman

Supporting Member

The Rockets had an injured Olajuwon most of 95 and we also had a mid season trade.

Hate to put the truth on you.

Also, hate to put the truth that you don't know how to read, because it was talking about a NINE YEAR period where they were 6-12.

This is from the BULLS NBA PAGE.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

A true fan seeks the truth so that the truth can destroy the fake fan

19. LG1200

LG1200 Member

There will be an ESPN 30 For 30 on the 94-95 Championship teams. With a lot of former staff and players all together in Houston last week, they were able to film interviews for the documentary. I'm sure the Bulls/Jordan debate will be brought up.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wait, is this real? Bc if it's real, holy shhhhhhh.