1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

was late season push a waste if Mobley leaves??????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Apr 22, 2000.

Tags:
  1. vince

vince Member

The Rockets were EXCITING late in the season. Exciting enough to the point that it didn't matter that much if they won or lost. MOST OF YOU WOULD AGREE WITH ME ON THAT ONE. It's just that they WERE WINNING to most everyones surprise.

Okay, with that being a concensus!!!! If Mobley leaves then, does the ending to the Rockets season not benefit the Rockets too much for next season!!!!

Most of their running and fast pace can be attributed to mainly two guys; Francis and Mobley. Anderson too, but he is more of a fast break player and creator on the half court but needs an improved shot.

Mobley appears to have it all, a great shot, speed, a little defense, break away speed (a huge difference from just speed), the ability to play point guard, shooting guard, and even small forward!!!!

Three guys were responsible for the late season push Francis, Mobley, and Anderson. Loosing Mobley is huge for the Rockets.

But, is it big enough to offset the great end to the Regular season? Just answer that last question.

------------------

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Vince,

You are assuming that the NBA didn't already notice what took some of us fans a winning ending to see....mobes has skilz.

The ending probably helps keep mobes more than it wakes up the nba to try and get him. By gel-ing at the end, Mobes, CD and Rudy all know he can excel in this offense if he does stay.

His agent would be a fool not see that as well.

Mobley is staying,,,don't worry about. Only another Popeye spinach trade is going to take Mobes away from us.

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Much like Rashard Lewis, Mobley is staying because we have right of first refusal. So up to the point where it is getting ridiculous Mobley's contract will have a Houston Rockets logo on it.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

4. vince

vince Member

Make a stace guy's on this one.

What will be the most any team will offer Mobley. Are we talking about 4 million, 5 million, 6 million, 7 million, or even more?

And who has the Room to sign him other than Chicago, Orlando, Golden State, the Clippers, and the other two teams under the salary cap?

------------------

5. WHAM!

WHAM! Member

Three guys were responsible for the late season push Francis, Mobley, and Anderson.
    Loosing Mobley is huge for the Rockets.

But, is it big enough to offset the great end to the Regular season? Just answer that last
    question.

so, you're asking if losing mobley is "big enough" to offset the great end to the regular season?

your question doesn't make sense to me. are you asking if losing mobley would be a huge detriment to our young team? if that's what you're asking, the answer is obvious...yes.

but your use of the words "big enought to offset" is kind of confusing. the word offset is confusing me alot.

------------------
    if you are reading this signature because you are looking for something funny or witty to make you chuckle you have been fooled because this is the most unfunny and unwitty signature ever but i find it absolutely hilarious that you've read it this far

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Last night on the local Fox news, Mark Berman (I believe) asked Mobley, "all things being equal, is Houston your first choice?" to which Mobley replied, "No comment."

"No comment?"

"No comment. Keep you guessing. How 'bout that?"

Veeeery nice. I understand about keeping your options open, but why be a prick? Wouldn't a better response to the Houston media be "of course", and to Orlando media, "Orlando would be a great place to play", and to Seattle media, "I'd love the chance to play with Gary.", etc., etc.

Something about "no comment" rubs me the wrong way, not that this is really a story or his remarks will affect negotiations in any way.

------------------

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He's not a politician or a lawyer...with their practiced finesse.

He probably was coached to say that by his lawyer, and doesn't know how to be more creative. Maybe he needs to watch Bull Durham and learn from Kevin Cosner how to handle the media.

8. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

I thought you might be referring to losing both Cat AND</A> the loss of a higher draft pick.

Meaning:

Mobley was part of the reason we finished strong, so:
    1) We draft Lower. (lower being.. worse)
    2) We lose Mobley to FA

And thus, we lose both ways.

------------------