1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I'd rather it be Calvin Murphy and a cardboard cut-out of Bill Doleman.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Bump...tick tock

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So tonight is TNT only right? Should have just kept CSN....at least 40% would be able to watch lol

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014/10/another-delay-in-csn-houston-bankruptcy-case/

Another delay in CSN Houston bankruptcy case
    Posted on October 27, 2014 | By David Barron
    PRINT

Cables and computer servers continue to represent a roadblock in the stop-and-start final chapter of the Comcast SportsNet Houston bankruptcy case.

Minutes before a 10 a.m. Monday deadline to submit their final alterations to a Chapter 11 plan of reorganization for the Astros-Rockets-Comcast-owned network, which calls for it to be sold to AT&T and DirecTV and renamed Root Sports Houston, attorneys for the network asked Bankruptcy Judge Marvin Isgur for more time to submit their changes.

Judge Isgur gave the teams, DirecTV and AT&T until 10 a.m. Wednesday to amend the reorganization plan. He also delayed final arguments in the case, which had been set for 3 p.m. Tuesday, until 3 p.m. Thursday.

The latest delay ensures that the first Rockets game available for broadcast, scheduled for Wednesday night against the Utah Jazz, will appear on CSN Houston. In fact, CSN Houston issued a program schedule Monday through Nov. 9 that includes the first six Rockets games available for local telecast. The season opener Tuesday against the Lakers will air on TNT.

The primary holdup in finalizing the reorganization plan appears to be the transfer of furniture, fixtures and equipment at the network’s downtown Houston studios from Comcast to the new network. The items, known as FF&E in business parlance, is valued at $7.5 million and is part of the collateral securing a $100 million Comcast network loan.

DirecTV and AT&T want to use the existing infrastructure at the downtown studios for the new network but refuse to pay for it as part of their deal with the Rockets and Astros to relaunch the network. The teams, as a result, have proposed a plan that transfers ownership of the FF&E to the new network while paying Comcast what it is owed.

Isgur, however, said last week he did not think the plan would be allowed under bankruptcy law and procedure and said changes would be required. The teams, DirecTV and AT&T asked for a delay until Monday to rework their plans, and now they are seeking more time to do so.

Under the plan of reorganization, which the teams support and Comcast opposes, the new Root Sports Houston will be owned solely by DirecTV and AT&T, which will carry the channel on DirecTV and U-verse in addition to Comcast and other cable carriers that now carry CSN Houston. The teams will lose their equity in the network, and 96 of 141 employees will be laid off.

5. wgray

wgray Member

game on tnt???\

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CSNH has already locked their schedule to include games 2-7 after tonights TNT game. So they will still be broadcasting games to the lucky 40%.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yes..

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

First time user of Ballstreams and the game time streams are already showing up on my phone. Psyched. I'm done waiting on this crap, not going 3 years without my Rox.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

So it looks like I'll have to get ballstreams again at least for a few games. Probably gonna do the 1 month.

10. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Whats cost on that? I'll be jumping on board too. Need my Rox fix.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Have any invites, I give up myself.

12. The Law

The Law Member

Send me your email or post it and I will send an invite. I have 4 left I believe

1 person likes this.
  13. Bob Barker 007

I don't think anyone has asked this question yet. Is the game on TNT?
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Check your feedback.... email includes 1107, since I forgot to sign my name on the rep.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Meaning your rep.

1 person likes this.
  16. LonghornFan

Wow, loving ballstreams. Quality is great running through my Roku to TV. Plus watching the Pelicans game on my phone is pretty awesome too.

17. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

How much is ballstreams?

18. Rocketfan94

Rocketfan94 Member

Hey THELAW can I get another invite? Thanks

1 person likes this.
  19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wait, so one needs an invite to sign up for ballstreams?

20. LonghornFan

$39.99 for 3 months or $60 for the season. There's also a one month plan for less than $20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.