1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

SportsCenter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocks_fan, Dec 16, 2002.

Tags:
  1. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Didn't see another thread on it, so I thought I'd better say it. Sometimes during this (the 5 PM central) SportsCenter, they're going to be interviewing Yao. I'll listen in to see if I can get anything interesting, plus just curious to see how good his English truly is since they did show him answering a question in fairly good English.

2. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

They're also interviewing The Juice in a two part series. I bet he would kill for a position with the NFL.........

3. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I thought he already tried that...ahh well

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

he should......they'd never convict him.

5. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Well the interview showed Boki and Yao joking around.

1) Called American TV "relaxing" and wants to see more of it.

2) Has been told he needs to be less of a "gentleman" and needs to look at the game as a "war".

2) Likes Houston, good steak, very hot, not crowded, likes being treated like a "new Texan"

3)Francis said he's developing as a player and a person, and they want to try to help, no hinder, him.

4) in English, said his favorite thing about America was "traffic", liked the Rockets "youth", and liked his Mom's cooking and sleeping in his spare time.

Pretty much a creampuff interview, but still good to see Rockets talk in the first half hour of the show. Hope it's on again, I didn't get all of it down on the screen.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That was sweet. I love the pub.
    Go Rockets!!

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He got there in October and thought it was hot? Can't wait till the poor guy is around for July and August. :D

Thanks for the post rocks_fan!

8. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

:) My sentiments exactly...but the guy's from Shanghai and that place is no Malibu Beach in the summmer time either.

9. edc

edc Contributing Member

Colin: We've heard this one! It is time to teach YM a new joke in English ;)

10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

No problem guys. I usually just hide out in the Hangout, but I'm trying to get out more :D . Anyway one thing I forgot was the Rusy talked about how Yao told him that he understands about 75% of what Rudy says in the huddle without translating, and that Yao is already anticipating where Rudy's going to want him on drawn up plays. Good to see that Yao's comfortable in the team, and good to see that he can understand Rudy's accent. Never heard a Michigan-Texas accent before.

11. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Wasn't MIchigan accent the stardard broadcasting accent--if you call that accest. Anyway, Rudy is cool, "..75%, now I don't know that is high or low", :D :D a good way to sum up Yao's English.

12. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

innocent...get over it.

13. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Really? Then who else was at the house that same night and time that OJ was?

Wait, isn't his "investigator's" name Al Cowlings?

Anyway, I wonder how long it will take Yao to go to strip clubs...

14. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

The interview is gonna play again tomorrow during ESPN NBA's Fastbreak.

15. cas

cas Member

I heard Chance's song on SC too.