1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

every mediocre or bad team has a future, just not a bright one if they do

nothing or worse (letting owners do GM job, letting GM do job of a coach)

2. Play07

Play07 Member

Owner doesn't trust him making decisions anymore, time to move on

3. Astrosfan1973

Astrosfan1973 Member

Clearly, last season was an epic fail, but it was one epic fail. Give Morey a realistic chance to fix it. If he doesn't then you can go in another direction. The people in that building know who is responsible for what. Everything outside is just speculation. It may be educated speculation, but it's still speculation. This is a crucial offseason. Let's see how it plays out.

4. Harden's beard

keep him for now

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

That seat is boiling. :eek:

6. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

It wasn't just an epic fail it was the most disappointing season in rockets history. Year after year Morey has chased the ellusive third star only to strike out. If we strike out, which is likely, how would James Harden our star like playing his prime for a mediocre team. Stars want to play for franchises that win, stars want to play for teams that can provide them with casts to win. In my opinion he has got to go.

7. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Flexibility you guys.
    Flexi ****ing bility

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is WORTHLESS when all teams have money to spend.

DD

9. PCT24

PCT24 Member

This dude treating players like assets has come back to haunt the franchise. Time for a change of direction. I've been a long time Morey supporter but I don't see light at the end of the tunnel for him. He had Dwight and James and essentially peaked.

10. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

He has to go him and this 3 ball crap is played out

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Morey's main asset is that he can find talent where most people don't see it.

The problem is, that doesn't help when everyone has cap space and you can't convince anyone to come here.

It's long past time for a change in philosophy. If that means no more Morey, then so be it.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

[​IMG]

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Morey doesn't seem as special with the cap space increase. Like his whole shtick was him being stingy with contracts and finding the best value but all that is out the window now. He can't work his magic anymore.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah because obviously the NBA ends next year and the league closes down, right?

Teams only have money this year and next year because of the drastic cap increases. I'd rather have the Rockets kick the can or whatever than sign Parsons to 23M for the next 5 years or give no names 20M for 4 years. It's like when there's a massive sale and you have a lot of money, what you actually want is someone who is tight fisted and a miser rather than somebody who spends everything on **** he doesn't really need because "it's cheap".

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Every sports GM in all treats players like assets. To think otherwise is being willfully blind to reality.

Virtually every trade or sour contract negotiations has the player say he learned how "I learned that in the end this is a business, and you cannot take anything personal." Morey just doesn't sugar coat it.

Honestly, if a player is too soft to not be be able to face the truth, then he probably doesn't have it to help a team win a championship.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The dude has a complete **** eye for talent. So much so that rebuilding through the draft is unthinkable for most. Even if he had the #1 pick he'd probably go for a Bennet type of guy.

17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. Such terrible analysis. Please, tell me - who has signed that you want at the price they got? I think you guys would be more satisfied as Nets, Knicks, or Lakers fans. It would satisfy your need for instant gratification for your team to just DO something.

Meanwhile, ALL of the good GMs are waiting for the right deals.

18. Sanity2disChaos

He is an average GM , always better than below average tho.Morey/Les better satisfy the people buying these tickets.The consumer wants a better product.period.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

-did a great job getting Howard and harden

But over valued asik when lee + bass + 1st was on table from Boston... trying out TWIN TOWERS when neither of these dudes can even think about shooting a DAMN jump shot

Didnt take a genius to know Howard needed a stretch 4 next to him to reach his full potential WATCH HIM BALL IN ATL WITH MILLSAPP !!!!!!!

Trying to get 2 first picks and remain flexible.... And ended up with SAM DEKKER out of the deal.

-then handicapped us by signing 2 always hurt no D players for 4 years when our window closed and hardens gone in 2 years anyway

-held on to parsons, jones, Howard too long when they had a lot of value and let them all walk for nothing.

-GREAT I DIDNT RENEW MY SEASON TICKETS AFTER 5 YRS, but still theses years are going to hurt, I'm still going to go to some games

- at this point it's only one option #FIREMOREY

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

But firing Morey will do no good if Les is still the owner. I say keep Morey until Les sells the team. We are not gonna find a better GM until we find a better owner.