1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Talk Rumors: Nocioni, Thabo, Nachbar, Gasol

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crossover, Jan 24, 2008.

1. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/...lt=AgdPOXN6EW12pbbbkVGlA1mkvLYF?urn=nba,63353

NBA Rumors
    Add to My Yahoo! RSS
    Bulls talking deal to send Nocioni to Nets

Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 6:29 am EST
    Andres Nocioni

Getty Images

According to league sources, the Chicago Bulls have discussed sending rugged forward Andres Nocioni and second-year guard Thabo Sefolosha to the Nets for Bostjan Nachbar, Marcus Williams, Antoine Wright and Jamaal Magloire. There might be other parts in the proposed deal.

The Bulls have been talking to several teams. Their first choice would be to use Nocioni in a package for Memphis Grizzlies big man Pau Gasol, but they're keeping their options open. The Nets were rebuffed in their advances for Gasol.

Source: Bergen Record

2. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nocioni would be the last guy I would trade out if I were the Bulls GM.

3. matty101

matty101 Member

I have absolutely no idea why the Bulls would do this trade. They need a post presence, hence the Gasol rumors. Magloire is the presence they are looking for. He is washed up and pretty much useless. They dont need more young, athletic up and coming guards like Nachbar and Williams. They Have hinrich, Gordon and Deng already.

Cant see this happening at all unless i am missing something pretty major.

4. matty101

matty101 Member

Oops. Fixed. ;)

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ya thats a ridiculous trade. The Bulls get a bunch of guys that barely contribute to the Nets. I think Wright's deal is up so he will bolt for money no question. Nachbar? Decent, but Nocioni is way better. Magloire I like but its a lateral move when you consider what Chicago has upfront.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dumb trade for the Bulls. I'm sure the details are wrong.

7. Asian Sensation

I thought Marcus Williams is supposed to take over Kidd's reign? Did they give up on him already?

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This was in Bergen, NJ, paper earlier this week; and Thorn resoundingly debunked it. Multiple times.

Now, Noc & Hein + + + for TMac & mj + + + ... hmmm, for shame it's a not a gonna happen...

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bulls intro plays
    that Pink Floyd song
    cue that Bulls Announcer
    the other 4 starters are announced..
    "From Sloooooo-venia,
    Bokiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Nachbarrrrr!!!!!"

[​IMG]

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Bergen Record = Jersey source. Explains this seemingly lopsided idea.
    I've no doubt the Bulls are talking to people; their locker room is toxic, they're rapidly playing themselves out of contention, and (like us) playoff expectations mean there's serious front office heat to do something about it.

Nocioni and Sefolosha are their easiest (good) trade assets - but you'd have to believe priority 1 is getting Ben Wallace gone. Trading Nocioni and Sefolosha, two pretty nice role players, alone doesn't help them. They're carrot.

That said, Paxson hasn't been very good at all in terms of flipping his young talent into a contending roster of vets. How he can justify not getting the deal done for Kobe is beyond me. It's as if the safety of a 2nd rd playoff team for the foreseeable future was the better bet than a dice roll to become a major player again. Dumb. For as bad as the Heat have become, do you really think they regret trading for Shaq and getting a championship?

Evan