1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jimmermania the real Linsanity?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 13, 2014.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Maybe, just maybe. The OP was being sarcastic? I do like to see players break out like this, just give them the right time and stuff like this will happen.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No one can honestly say he's had a fair shake.

Give him a full season on a Western team that isn't Sac, and then I'll admit that he's a bust.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Yeah I got that Carl was being sarcastic, I guess my point was more about his performance compared to where he was drafted. Kinda like Anthony Bennett. Just because he finally had a couple decent games doesn't give him a pass for being terrible the rest of the year.

4. hollywoodMarine

If he averages 18.8 in the next 24 games, it would be a better illustration :cool:

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Nah. Lin is one of a kind. One of a kind in that in all my years of following the NBA he is the first player ever where nothing bad about his game is actually his fault at all.

Rarest player in league history on that fact alone. Never to be duplicated.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Look at our very own D-Mo as a pertinent example of this. The guy looked like he had no place on an NBA team earlier this season, but consistent playing time mixed with an increase in confidence has turned him into a solid rotational player. I think for a lot of these "non-All-Star"-quality players, consistent minutes allow them to get acclimated to the speed of the game.

7. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

Jimmer has put up nice shooting percentages in the NBA, but he's not getting a lot of minutes. This year he's averaging just over 11 minutes per game. He's shooting almost 50% on 3 pointers this year -- leading the league.

Remember, he was one of the best college players in his last two seasons at BYU, with PER ratings of over 30 both seasons.

8. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Yup. Yup. And yup.

You also have to make your teammates better, and make the whole city crazy, and be a global phenomenon.

Good to see players getting a great game or a great story here and there, but Linsanity is a combination of many things, not just one person.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would LOVE to have Jimmer.

He isn't just a shooter, dude is a scorer. He definitely hasn't found his niche yet.

10. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Jimmer was a first round draft pick and hyped. Lin was undrafted, no one even looked at him. But it was nice seeing Jimmer go off.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Jimmer has a bit of the Aaron Brooks/Steph Curry in him in terms of just being able to pull up from anywhere within 30 feet of the basket and jack off a shot that has a realistic chance of going in. Not really explosive but can get by a guy because you always have to close out on him.

The question is which position he can defend. Rather slow to check PGs (other than Felton and Prigioni) and small for SG.

I remember seeing him live at MSG 2 years ago (has to be almost to this day) when I went to a Knicks-Kings game during "Linsanity." He didn't really play much and the Kings lost. I thought that Jimmer must have thoght "Dude, Jeremy Lin stole my life! I'm supposed to be the underdog (i.e., non-black) phenom PG!"

#31 Carl Herrera, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  12. Exel

Exel Member

Jimmer can be the modern day Steve Kerr. All he needs to do is survive long enough in the NBA for Lebron James and George Hill to team up and get on that team.

13. Exel

Exel Member

Fixed.

14. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

On the right team, Jimmer can be a superstar. Pure shooter point guards are the current fad in the NBA, like Curry, Irving, and Lillard. They don't need to do much else but knock down a lot of jumpshots. Defense, passing, and attacking the rim are non essential.

15. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Good for him! He's a fan favorite in Sac.

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

uwotm8?

17. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

did you Boo Isaiah Thomas with those NYK fans?

18. dragician

dragician Member

great point.