1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets on AT&T Uverse for 2012-13?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by junk151, Jul 15, 2012.

1. junk151

junk151 Member

Has anybody heard anything about the new Comcast channel being on uverse? Last I heard Comcast was on negotiations with a couple of providers but haven't heard anything since. Any updates?

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think most providers will carry it once the season gets closer. They'll have to. Both Astros and Rockets are moving to CSN, so FSNHOU will be useless for a lot of people. I think the Dynamo are still deciding if they want to switch to CSN or not.

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

What the hell is CSN? Is that the channel that shows the White Sox/Cubs? Chicago network?

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Comcast Sports Network.

5. 713

713 Member

will any games on my20 this upcoming year?

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Thread Title is misleading... makes it seem like it's a done deal... maybe make it a question? :cool:
    LOL! :grin:

I agree with other people... I do not believe that U-Verse would have this. That would be like Yahoo! offering GMail addresses... :p

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Uverse can't afford to not offer the local sports packages to their viewers...people would bail out like crazy. And the point of having your team's games shown locally is to drive interest in the team...so the teams have an interest in making sure the market can see these games too. AT&T will work out a deal.

8. SwoLy-D

^ I agree with everything you say... but the idea of having a channel in their lineup named AFTER their competitors is just ludicrous... no? :eek:

It's akin to having EA Sports signing an exclusive deal with the NFL.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Uverse already carries Comcast Sportsnet channels for other areas so they are willing to do it depending on the price.

10. MadMax

There are Comcast sports channels on Uverse right now. There's a price for (almost) everything.

11. SwoLy-D

Which one? I'll look for it. It just sounds like the exclusivity thing isn't there. :eek:

12. MadMax

There are comcast sports channels on the East and West coast...they're provided to people there the same way FSSW is provided here.

13. junk151

junk151 Member

I guess I could have put a ? afterwards, my bad :p

14. junk151

junk151 Member

I hope so, otherwise I'd be one of those bailing.

15. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Bump. Just wondering if there is any news on this situation. My contract with Directv is up in October. U-Verse is finally available in my area, and I've been waiting for it for a year. Their customer service has no idea about the Rockets coverage. That could be the deciding factor in me staying with DTV or switching to U-Verse.

16. Prince

Prince Member

just got an email saying that uverse has not subscribed to it yet. I'm going to call them now. if there's no sign that they 'll provide it i will cancel my uverse asap.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This isn't a longhorn network situation.

The other providers simply can't afford to have the Rockets and Astros entirely absent from their subscribers.

Nor is it good for two poorly perfoming franchises to potentially lose fans.

It will be a hard negotiation, probably will drag out, but no way the CSN isn't available on all carriers by opening day for the rockets.

I already have comcast, but if i had another carrier that didn't have this i would bail in a second.

18. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Will CSN be on DirecTV?

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I too would like to know if anyone has heard about direct tv carrying this channel. I'm bailing on direct tv if they don't unless i can watch it with a subscription to leauge pass or something

20. jogo

jogo Member

Any ideas about Time Warner cable in Austin? They didn't have Rockets games on last year so I doubt they'll get this CSN this year. But I'd rather get it free then have to pay for league pass. Any ideas?